Confession Part two

Jack found himself reliving his moments when he fought alongside North and Bunnymund against the Fearlings in France. Memories tugged at his senses the thrill of the chase, the teamwork that overcame the fiercest of odds, and the swirling evaporation that confirmed a solid kill.

He was panting in the passenger's seat of Merida's car when he caught his breath he finally spoke up. "Where did you learn to fight like that?"

Merida was driving away from the abandoned villa where she had found Cole, "a Dunbroach never shy's from a fight. Both my parent taught me that."

"You were fantastic!"

"Don't get ahead of yourself lover boy. We may have killed the thing but what are you doing picking fights with Brollachan?"

"A what?"

"A brollachan, an evil spirit. It's Scottish folklore thing."

"So that's why you were able to see it." Jack mused under his breath.

"Whatever it was, what were you doing in that house?"

"Hunting." Jack smiled stupidly.

Merida slammed on the brakes.

"Oof!" Jack was crushed by his seatbelt.

"Hunting! Are you daft?" Merida yelled.

"Yes, now can we get out of here?"

Merida stared at him, piercing him in the starlight. "What are you hunting and why?"

"They are called Fearlings, and because they are bad."

"And what about the magic silver and the ice storm that came out of your fingers." Merida kept staring.

Sirens were blaring in the distance.

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you."

Merida put the car in park and narrowed her eyes as the sirens got closer.

"I'll tell you everything," Jack confessed. "Just get us somewhere safe." Jack looked behind him at the house that wasn't even a block away yet.

"Everything?" she put her hand on the key, ready to turn the car off.

Jack sighed, "I'll tell you everything."

Merida put the car back in drive and pulled out of view before there were any police on the scene.

** ** **

Merida pulled into a parking lot for the neighborhood dog park, somewhere out of sight. She turned off the car and looked at Jack. "I'm waiting Cole, and I want to know everything. What that thing was, why you were fighting it, and where did you get your magic. If I smell one hint of BS or think that you are leaving anything out, I will beat the snot out of you worse than Hans ever did."

"Then you'll beat me because you will never believe me."

Merida punched him in the arm.

"OW!" Jack exclaimed.

"I'm your girlfriend, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you better not be keeping any secrets from me." Her eyes went soft and she placed her hand on his knee. "You can trust me, tell me everything."

"It's a long story." Jack placed his hand on hers.

"I've got all night."

"You might not like what I have to say."