Breaking France part 3

Aladdin watched as the creatures charged unfazed by the bullets he and his team were firing. When they stopped firing the agents shielded the families with their bodies. Aladdin stood at the front with a combat knife ready to go down fighting. Out of the corner of his eye a light flashed and a figure dressed like one of his agents sped past him at the creatures. The flick of a silver sword was the only thing that Aladdin saw when he realized two of the front most creatures disappeared into shadow. The creatures stopped in their tracks. As soon as they identified the mysterious warrior in front of them, their awful faces contorted into fear.

The stranger turn to Aladdin, his skin began to glow like the subtle moonlight. He smiled and gave Aladdin a reassuring smile. Without missing a beat, Aladdin stood next to him to face the creatures.

"I will not let you face them alone stranger." Aladdin smiled as he clapped the stranger on the shoulder. The stranger smiled as if pleasantly surprised. He reached down into his boot and pulled out a rod that extended into a spear and handed the curious sword in his hand. Never before had Aladdin seen the kind of workmanship the curious artifacts possessed, but he was not about to question Providence. He gladly took the sword and faced the enemy. Together Aladdin and the stranger cut through the numbers of the unknown force.

** ** **

Mufasa braced the main door with any furniture that he could find in the barren makeshift prison. The mob was getting more unruly by the minute and they started taking axes to the doors and windows.

"Sir I might have a way out of here," a friendly voice came from behind Mufasa, he turned to find a plumped bearded man in street clothes.

"Identify yourself," Mufasa said.

"The name is Nick, I am a friend of the First frost." He said.

"Prove it."

Nick brandished a pocket watch that looked like the one that Jack carried with him. "I taught him the ways of the sword, Sir."

Mufasa was not going to refuse help in a situation like this, and he remembered enough about Jacks stories about his sword master to recognize the bearded man. "Very well, what did you have in mind?"

"There is a passage of sewer that runs close under one of the cells, with two small explosions we could blast a hole and cover our escape."

"I don't have much choice but to trust you Nick, but if you seek to fool or betray me I will put your claims as a sword master to the test." He called out to one of his men, "bring the Explosives!"

Mufasa followed Nick to the basement all while keeping his gun close. Nick looked as if he were listening for something and soon approached an empty cell. Mufasa shined a light into the cell and a rat jumped and scurried into a hole in the wall.

"There, where that rat disappeared," Nick pointed.

"Men, plant the explosives at that spot." A few of Mufasa's men did as they were ordered to do. They unraveled a wire and attached it to a handheld device and the explosive. Once they were safely behind a wall they pressed the botton on the device and the charge rang through the walls. Once they were able to see through the dust and smoke the saw the large hole that led into the sewers.

"Ah, brilliant. Quick get everyone through." Mufasa instructed.

A soldier ran to grab to the prisoners while another one ran to warn Mufasa. "Your Majesty, they are breaking through the barricade!"

Mufasa cursed in his native tongue, "how are your fists Swordsman?"

"They are as sharp as my swords."