Breaking Time part...3?

After Jack's burial an obelisk and memorial were placed at the center of town where he crashed, and every night Elsa would look at it and think of Jack. That first night something truly miraculous happened as Elsa stood on the balcony looking out at the obelisk.

As her hands gripped the railing and her sorrow subsided for a moment she swore that she hear the soft playing of piano music. A light shined to her left and she could make out a man clothed in a suit in a fashion she did not recognize. He walked to the balcony and stared at the sky, his hair was as white as the fallen snow and his eyes were sapphire blue. He stared at the moon to make an oath to whatever being resided there but also to make and oath to himself and to the one he loved.

Elsa felt her knees go weak as she recognized the man in the vision. And when he spoke Elsa had never felt so happy as hope was renewed to her.

"I will always love you Elsa, and I will always find my way back to you." And with those words spoken the vision of Jack disappeared.

Jack, was he still alive... but how...

** ** **

Outside was a world of horror and wonder...

Jack Wintercrest was the son of Adam Wintercrest who was a successful aristocrat in the year 1982 in Paris, France. Most of Adams job included boring paper work, intricate political nonsense, and sucking up to the Royal Family. Jack hated it, he despised the political spectrum of the so-called 'upper-class'. He constantly wished for more to life than just being babied, and handed everything on a silver spoon. Every morning he woke up to his overly grand room to feel like it was only a gold crafted bird cage. Every day he would look outside at the starving peasants and wished he could help. The outside world, where the few flocked at the doors outraged at the poor treatment they were receiving from the monarchy. But he watched his father and the rest of the aristocracy ignored them like fly's that would go away.

The thing that Jack hated most of all... were the parties...

"Dad you know I hate these things," Jack said as he fought the collar of his fancy shirt. Luckily, he didn't have to dress up too much, his white suit was very simple with a light blue waist coat and no tie, he hated ties.

"Behave yourself, besides I hear that there will be a few eligible bachelorettes." He looked at Jack with that almost pleasant smile.

"You say that like they'll be my age."

"Please behave Jack, I know that they would take a liking to you if you just talk to them."

Jack didn't respond, he didn't care. One snotty girl was the same as the other. All they could talk about was what the other ones were wearing, and other meaningless gossip. Not only did Jack not care about the gossip but he also wasn't good at it. Every person there would just be another bar of his cage and talking to them was equally as difficult and absurd. His plan tonight was the same as it was every night: slip out of sight and eat as much food as possible. Nobody could talk to him if his mouth was full and nobody could approach him if they couldn't find him. First, he would need to slip away from his father, he loved the man but he didn't care for much else.

The gathering was in a very large ballroom and the royalty were present which meant that there would be extra garnishing on the food that he would have to pick away. It was a Pre-Christmas Eve party and the walls were covered with all sorts of white and gold decorations. Holly, reefs, streamers, curtains, and other gaudy Christmas décor were employed, and the hall was full of people. Ironically, Jack found the easiest time hiding in the midst of the wandering eyes and whispers of the 'upper-class'.