Breaking France part 2

It was September 2015, the sun was creeping over the horizon like a predator ready to catch the sleeping residents unprepared for the new day. Rapunzel was one of these. She was a seventeen year old senior in high school, today. As in, this was her first day of school. She had spent all night texting her best friend Cole. She talked about how grown up she felt and how great this school year would be. Cole, on the other hand, was less enthusiastic, but that was Cole for you he was never enthusiastic about anything.

They had been friends since Jr high, and Rapunzel had always had a growing crush on him, as a guy he was too thick headed to see it. At first, it frustrated her, but she convinced herself that maybe it just wasn't the right time. Her dream, that she had been reluctant to wake up from, was Cole and her on a date where he admitted he had been in love with her too. Moments away from their lips closing the gap and her love realized... her phone started ringing.

Rapunzel groaned and whimpered in agony, she was so close. She stretched without opening her eyes, and she reached for her phone and answered it with a yawn.

"Hello...?"

"Are you ready Zie, we are going to be late!" It was Cole. Zie was her nickname, she used to go by Punzie in elementary school but she was made fun of, so Cole came along and called her Zie. They have been friends ever since.

Rapunzel's eyes shot up when she rolled over to check her alarm clock.

7:09

"Crap!" Zie said as she threw off the sheet and ran to the window to see Cole in his car with Gus and Jaques, the rest of her friends. "I'll be out in a minute."

"I just woke you up didn't I?" Cole asked, she could hear Gus and Jaques laughing in the background.

"Shut up!" Zie said as she hung up the phone.

***

"She hung up on me." Cole said looking at his phone.

Call ended 00:32 minutes.

"She is going to hate you when she finds out what you did Cole." Jaques snickered. They called him Jaq, he was wearing a white undershirt with an unbuttoned red shirt, a dark red fedora, brown chinos, and tan dress shoes. He had a slender figure and was the tallest of them at just over six feet and two inches. He always had a scheme and a joke on his mind with a smile that said he was up to no good.

"Ya, good luck man," said Gus. "Hey if she kills you can I have your car?" Gus's name was actually Octavius, but Gus was easier to say and remember. He was wearing a yellow Hawaiian shirt and jeans. He had on white and black Nike's and a large watch. He was heavier than Jaq who he had been friends with for as long as either of them could remember. For as long they had been friends Gus had picked up little of Jaq's cleverness and even less of his fashion sense, but what he lacked in smarts he made up for in loyalty and brawn.

"Shut up," Cole said reaching back to slap Jaq's hat off. Cole had long black hair that reached down passed his shoulders. He was wearing a black graphic tee, black skinny jeans, black chucks, leather bracelets, and black studs in his ears. To top it off he had black eyeliner and black nail polish. Everything about Cole was as black as coal, just the way he liked it. Well except for his eyes, he cursed the day he was born with blue instead of brown eyes. At least brown eyes could almost pass for black.

After a few moments, Zie burst out of her front door with one hand full of textbooks and one hand holding her book bag and a slice of bread in her mouth. She flew to the Cole's car with her arms extended as if she was trying to balance herself. Cole leaned over and opened the passenger door for Zie. She threw her book bag on the floor and closed the door behind her when she got into the car.