... and then better?

"Jackson, what happened?" Mark said as he sat down by his son.

"A group of bullies jumped me, I didn't throw a single punch I swear." Jack held up his hands defensively.

Mark was surprised, Cole almost never talked about his school life, he had to pry just to find out what subjects that he liked, and this was the first time he had heard anything about bullies. Maybe this is what the Doctor was talking about when he mentioned brain damage and bruises all over his son's body. His sons was different somehow and he couldn't think of a different explanation than that or when the doctor mentioned how when you have a new death experiences it changed your priorities.

"Are you all right?" Mark asked.

"I will be fine, I have had worse."

That was not what Mark wanted to hear, his anger boiled. Who would dare touch his son! He was now glad he got the call to come down here. "Don't worry son, I will take care of this. Can you tell me a little more about what has been going on?"

Jack opened his mouth to talk and that moment Ymza summoned them to her office. "Ah, Mr. Do."

"Actually it's Deaux," Mark corrected.

"Yes, whatever. Please bring your son and come with me to my office." Yzma held the door open to an office that was saturated with purple.

Jack winced from the pain when he stood up and by the obvious look of concern on his father's face; he knew that he had heard it.

** ** **

"Two weeks! Don't you think that is a little excessive?" Marks jaw fell open at Yzma's punishment.

"Yes, Jackson openly assaulted one of our prized students without provocation. We do not take those lightly, even more to the point: one of the students Jackson attacked injured his hand defending himself." Yzma, didn't bat an eye, but it was obvious that she was enjoying herself as she punished Jack for something he didn't do.

"Ms. Yzma, please be reasonable. How will he keep up with his studies to graduate?" Mark pleaded.

"Reasonable? I assure you that I am being 'reasonable'. If not for your son's violent behavior and assault on the student body, the vandalism, and damages involved, we could have avoided all this. If not for your sons dying need for attention, that I am sure that he doesn't get from home, he wouldn't need to make a spectacle of himself. We are all lucky that Mr. Westergard is choosing to spare us all the legal ramifications of this afternoon. I think considering all accounts I am being reasonable Mr. Do." Yzma said seriously with a hint of mocking joy behind her eyes.

Jack's blood was boiling, he had only been in here twenty minutes, and everything she said made a mockery of him. Every statement made him the bad guy, for some random stupid reasoning, and made Hans Westergard a saint. It was obvious that she was on Mr. Westergards payroll somewhere with how highly she spoke about that scum. Even now, she continued to praise Hans and his accomplishments, and his father generous support and donations to the school.

On...

And on she went...

Hans this...

Mr.Westergard that...

Jackson bad...

Hans good...

It was the same thing...

Over...

And over again...

Finally, Jack had had enough! His actions only reflect on today but he knew from his memories from Cole. That Cole had only wanted to be left alone and had always stayed out of the way when he could. Jacks blood boiled over at her blatant attack on Cole, and Jack.