Making Choices Part 1

Jack crashed landed on his bed. It had taken him an hour after finding the Fearling to slay it. He gave these versions of the creature's one thing they were durable. Jack didn't dare check the clock, he knew school would be in a couple hours and he didn't want to think about all the sleep he wasn't getting. He wasn't used to needing to sleep for so long, he remembered the days that he almost never slept because he had so much energy.

Can I ask you something? Cole spoke up.

Go for it, I'm just catching my breath.

So we kissed Merida tonight, how do you feel about that?

Oh yeah, I don't really know I haven't thought about it, why?

Well, this may come as a surprise to you but it was my first kiss.

Does that bother you?

No, well kind of, but I don't think I would have had the courage to kiss her after one date, like you did.

You know, I didn't really think about it.

Well that's why I'm asking. Isn't there some weird rule where you need Elsa to fall in love with you?

That seems to be the pattern.

Do you still love Your Elsa?

Jack rolled over onto his side.

Of course I do.

Listen, I've kind of been a quiet observer through all this because you've been doing things I only wish I could do. Like stand up to Hans and talk to girls. You're living my life in a way I never could and it is exciting, I don't feel like a loser anymore.

You were never a loser.

Not the point. Why are you leading Merida on?

I'm not, I really like her she is amazing.

But do you love her?

I... I don't know man we've been on one date do I have to answer that?

Not to me necessarily, but if you love Queen Elsa is it smart to fall in love with Merida too?

Do you love her? Merida, I mean.

She great, better than amazing even. But I've never really had the chance to talk with her, you've done most of that. If she likes anyone, it is you, not me. I'm just an emo poet after all. Sure, I have fed you a few quick lines and she liked those but I'm still not you, technically.

Do you want me to stop seeing her?

That is not what I am saying and I am finding it hard to put words to it, me the word king. In order to get back to your Elsa you need to make my Elsa fall in love with you. Doesn't it bother you that you can't do anything about that?

Yes, it does. More than you know.

Do you believe in soul mates?

What do you mean?

Listen I don't really care that you possessed me, I've gone over it in my head a dozen times and I am almost 100% positive that if you hadn't come along I would be dead, for some stupid reason too. So, I don't mind you playing Sims with my life since I wouldn't be here without you, but at the end of the day you need to figure out if your Elsa was just your first love or if she is your true love.