Chapter 13...

Yes everybody, this is chapter Thirteen...

Elsa woke up from her bed in the ice castle she had made. Today was the day! She jumped out of bed and did her hair up as fancy as she could, she wanted to look her best, for the day had finally come. Her coronation was in two weeks and she wanted to invite Jack to it. He had become such a big part of her life. They were friends. No, they were best friends, maybe even more than that, but if she was going to be crowned queen, she wanted Jack to be there because he will have made it all possible.

What would Anna think when she brought Jack home? She giggled to herself, Anna romanticized life and everything so much, she would probably jump to conclusions. She'd probably think her and Jack were together, like a couple, she blushed at the thought. She spun in a circle and giggled, he really did make her feel happier. She couldn't even remember a time that she found it so easy to smile when thinking about someone. Jack was out bringing winter to the world. Elsa had insisted that he leave her alone so she could get some sleep. Jack was a like a 7 year old hooked on coffee. He didn't sleep very often and when he did, he slept like a log for forty minutes to four hours and he could sleep anywhere, usually perched on his stick or on a ledge somewhere. Elsa couldn't do that, she needed a bed and some real sleep, so while she was sleeping Jack, went and brought winter to the world like he was supposed to.

Jack had said it was time to interact with people and Elsa wanted those people to be her subjects and Anna. She also knew, with Jacks help, that there was no way she could screw up. She had even practiced how to tell Anna so that she would believe and see him. First, she would have to prepare Jack and tell him that she was a real princess and that she would be queen in a couple weeks. She bit her finger as she wondered about his reaction and maybe, just maybe she could convince him to stay with her in Arendelle. The thought of having him stay with her brought the sweetest innocent smile of wonder to her face. She spun around again, and landed on her bed as she thought about how easily Jack made her smile. She experimented, and every time she thought about him, she couldn't help herself. She even tried to frown but no matter what, it couldn't break the curl in her lip or stop the jump in her heart.

Was she in love with Jack?

She sat up in her bed. The thought hit her like a brick wall. Was she? Was she in love with Jack? He was her best friend and he made her happy. He helped her learn how to use her powers, but he was more than that. Every time he was around, her heart fluttered. When he was gone, it was as if an anvil was crushing her insides. She liked how patient he was with her, he was always telling her how strong and beautiful she was. She loved the way he was always fluttering around with his staff, or when he leaned on it and just stared at her. She loved the way he held her, how he would whisper in her ear secret tidbits of wisdom that could have only come from lifetimes of gaining knowledge. He had helped her fall in love with her powers. Sometimes she would swirl them around in her hands. She loved the curve of his chin and the way he raised just one eyebrow when he said certain things. She loved how awkward he was with some of the simplest interactions between two people. She really loved his warm hugs. She loved him.

She was in love with Jack!

She was in love! She was in love! She told herself over, and over again. She couldn't get enough of it. The degrees of happiness that ran through her were like the waves of the ocean against a beach, and just as beautiful.

The wind rustled against the window of her room. Elsa jumped up, that meant Jack was back. She rushed over to the window and threw it open. A young man in a blue hoodie, and a staff landed on her balcony. The sun was peaking over the valley and it turned everything a hue of red or purple. Everything, but his hoodie and the cocky grin he wore like it was going out of style.

"Hey sleepy head, you are up early this morning." Jack pulled something out of his hoodie pocket. "I thought I was going to get the first shot in today." The object was a snowball that he bobbed in his hand a few times.

"Not today, stick boy." Elsa snapped her fingers and a pile of fluffy snow fell on top of Jack. Before he could dig his way out, she giggled and ran out the door and through the castle.

"So that's how it's going to be," a mischievous grin curled across his face as he flew out of the snow pile, leaving it to fall to the ground in his place.

Jack and Elsa conjured snowballs out of thin air. They chased one another throwing snowball after snowball at one another, all around the castle leaving big piles of snow littered all over the perfect stretches of craved ice. Elsa slid down the railing of the entrance hall toward the large ice doors of her castle. She threw the doors open wide and screamed as a mountain of snowballs leaning against the door fell on top of her.

Jack landed next to the pile of snowballs looking smug, as he waited for Elsa to pop out.

Elsa managed to bust the top part of her torso out of the snow, and looked disparaged, "how do you always win?" she asked obstinately.

"I'm the Master of Winter remember?" Jack raised his eyebrow as he answered the question triumphantly.

"Just help me out of this pile, stick boy," Elsa held out her hand.

"As you wish," Jack grabbed her hands, and put one foot against the pile of snow. He pulled until they both flew backwards landing on top of one another.

They laughed for a second in their little pile of 'them,' until Elsa found Jacks big blue eyes with hers. She was caught in his trap once again, as those sapphire treasures illuminated her entire body. Then she noticed his lips, they weren't any different than any other day but for some reason they were just so close.

"Elsa you're starring again," Jack said breaking the magic.

Elsa blushed and stood up so he couldn't see her face.

"Are you ready to go?" Jack asked as he stood up and brushed himself off. Elsa was too caught up with how close they had just been.

"What?" She asked confused.

"You know, we've been talking about this for a couple days now. You have enough control over your powers. We can let you create a winter wonderland for a few people today." Jack explained.

"Oh yes, of course."

"Do you have any requests?"

"Actually I do," Elsa couldn't wait, she knew everything was about to change.

** ** **

Elsa and Jack flew over a familiar mountain range. Elsa knew that they were close to Arendelle, and she gripped his hand at the anticipation. As they came to where the city should have been all they saw were ruins. Buildings were half standing with nature overcoming the humanity of their construction.

"No, no, no." Elsa exclaimed feeling defeated. "What happened here?"

"Elsa, I still I don't understand why you wanted to come here first."

"There were, there are supposed to be people here. This is my kingdom what happened to it?"

"Kingdom, there hasn't been anyone here for hundreds of years, not after the tragedy. This place is cursed, we shouldn't stay here long."

"Tragedy, Curse? What are you talking about Jack I was here just a few months ago?" Elsa ran and looked around, she found a graveyard just by chance. There were more graves then she remembered and one very large gravestone right at the center of the graveyard. "No, please no," Elsa brushed away some of the foliage and what she found caused her to fall to her knees.

"Oh Anna, I am so sorry." Elsa cried. Anna had died the day before her coronation. "I should have been there to protect you Anna. I should have been there to protect everyone. I was going to be the queen. It was my job to watch over you and protect you." Elsa's tears fell they froze against the warm ground and melted just as quickly. "This was me, this was my fault, and I'm so sorry Anna."

Elsa curled against the gravestone and wept.

To be continued in the next chapter: Breaking time part 1 of 3