The Date

The parking lot was full when Jack pulled into a parking space near the top of the parking garage, next to the theater. He stepped out and walked around the car to the passenger door. He opened Merida's door and took the pizza and bread sticks out of her hand then closed the door when she stepped out. With one click on Jack's keychain, the car beeped signaling that it was locked.

"My Lady," Jack held out his elbow for Merida to hold onto.

Merida giggled, "Don't mind if I do." She slipped one arm through Jack's. He was still holding the pizza so she couldn't hold his hand, but this was the next best thing.

Jack and Merida walked to the big line standing outside of the theater to look for Zie and Snotlout.

"Over Here!" Zie shouted waving her arms around.

Jack and Merida walked with the pizza over to her. Zie was standing next to Snotlout. She reengaged their previous conversation when she knew Jack had seen them.

"Look, all I'm saying is that Aragorn was so much cooler when he went by Strider." Zie argued playfully.

"And I'm saying that he was a much cooler king. Did you see his ghost army?" Snotlout protested.

"Oh no you didn't get her started on Lord of the Rings did you?" Jack rolled his eyes.

Zie squealed. "Merida you look so Cute!" Zie took Merida's hands and spun her around to look at her. "Doesn't she look cute, Cole?"

"The cutest." Jack replied.

Merida blushed.

"Oh come on, you can do better than that." Zie rolled her eyes.

"I brought the pizza," Jack responded, he didn't want to be put on the spot again tonight. Merida knew he thought she was pretty.

"Yes! I am starving." Zie said taking the pizza out of Jack's hands and snagging a slice.

One by one they took a slice and munched on it happily.

"Cole?" a voice came from behind Jack. He turned and nearly coughed on his pizza.

Elsa walked up to the group with Eugene.

"Hi Elsa, Hey Flynn." Zie waved. "Are you just getting here?"

So he was going by Flynn in the place. Jack made a mental note.

"Yeah, we got held up in the parking lot." Flynn's cocky grin said there was a little more to the story.

"Cole, I just wanted to say thank you so much for this afternoon. You really saved me." Elsa ignored Flynn's comment.

"Don't mention it." Jack smiled scratching his head. It didn't escape Jack's notice that Merida scooted closer to him and laced her fingers with his.

"What happened?" Merida asked.

"Oh, it was nothing. Stress got to me and Cole talked me down." Elsa smiled at Merida.

Jack had seen that smile before, but he couldn't remember if it was a good or bad thing it just didn't seem real when it was aimed at Merida.

"You're really lucky, Cole has quite the way with words." Elsa squeezed Flynn's hand. "And oh my gosh! Merida you look so pretty!" Elsa took Merida's hands and looked her over. "Your hair is perfect!" Noticeably pulling her away from Jack.

Zie joined in and together they fawned over Merida's new look and her hair. That seemed to ease some of the tension.

"Dude, I heard what you did to Mor'du." Flynn said to Cole, once the girls grouped together.