Master of winter

It had been two weeks since the storm hit the castle. The sun, every fireplace, and a few well-positioned torches were being used to thaw the castle and return it back to the way it was.

Elsa did not know how she kept her secret for so long, but everyone seemed content to call it a freak snowstorm, and prepared in case another hit. All of Elsa's worst fears were coming true. She could not control her powers, and not even the walls couldn't contain them anymore.

She had to figure out a way to get rid of the curse, or leave so that she would not hurt anyone again.

Elsa spent her days in the library of the castle with the fireplace raging. She was unable to lock herself in her room while the castle thawed. Anna visited her more and more there, and started reading with her. Much to Anna's disappointment, Elsa's studies possessed her and she would not talk much.  

Elsa looked everywhere for any kind of reference on anything that she could use to find a way to get rid of her powers. After weeks, she was grasping at straws, but luckily, her powers had not gotten out of control. She had also enjoyed the time she had been able to spend with Anna, often she would look over and see Anna asleep on the book she was 'reading'.

Today was different; Anna was reading some children's storybook she found stuck between a wall and a bookshelf. 

"I know what happened!" Anna yelled.

Elsa jumped from her chair. She had been dozing off when Anna shouted. Had Anna found out her secret from a children's storybook?

"Look Elsa," Anna threw the book on top of Elsa's current literature. There was a picture of a shrouded figure controlling snowflakes.

"It's a pretty picture An-"

"No, not that, I mean the picture is nice but read it." Anna pointed at the text.

The Father Winter.

"Father Winter?" Elsa said under her breath starring at the very thing she had been looking for.

The story was short and nondescript; it simply said with a few rhymes that Father Winter changed the seasons and controlled the snow so it would blow around the world. At the end of the story, it even gave a name... Jack Frost.

"Don't you see Elsa it was this father winter man that froze the castle"

Elsa pulled Anna into a warm hug. "Thank you Anna this is perfect." She went to work to find everything she could about this Father Winter, maybe she could learn of a way to find him, maybe he gave her this curse and could take it away, at the very least he could show her how to control her powers.