Warm Hugs

Elsa knew Jack was going to ask eventually. What was she going to tell him? Not the truth of course, she didn't even know if she knew the truth. Where exactly did North send her? She had guessed it was the future from what she had seen.

'Hi Jack, I'm going to be a queen, and you are a fairy tale from a book. When my training is done I'm going home and I'll never see you again.' Yeah, because that was going to go over well, but she had to tell him something, it's not as if she hadn't thought about it, but now in the moment her mind went blank.

"I live in a place far away from here, with my sister. When we were young, I hurt her with my powers and in order to save her life some trolls erased her memory so she wouldn't remember I had powers. That day, they told me that my greatest enemy would be the fear of the people around me. My parents did their best to hide my powers while they were alive..." Elsa paused and didn't look at Jack. "They left and were lost at sea, leaving my sister and I alone. I hid from her trying to protect her from my powers, but a week ago while I was sleeping, they got out of control and frosted everything over, I hurt people, people that cared about me, just by being near me."

"Elsa, I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't know! You don't know anything about hurting people! You use your magic everywhere with no regard to people around you when you 'play.' You may be 300 years old, but you are clueless! I could have killed the last family I knew."

Elsa paused, "I decided I had to learn how to control my powers... or get rid of them, and if neither of those worked I would have to leave."

Jack was shocked by her conclusions, "Elsa you-"

"Stop talking. Don't you ever shut up? What would you know about it? You get to play for you existence. I have responsibilities. I found you in storybook! I thought I had found the answer—The Master of Winter, the Great Jack Frost, a wise old being who brought winter to the world. I went to people who warned me about how dangerous you were. I thought, at the very least, if you wouldn't train me that you might put me out of my misery." Elsa started shouting less and began to cry. "I was crazy and desperate. I found you in a storybook. I mean, what was I thinking? Then, I kept walking, as if it was a death sentence. I came to you to die. Oh, Anna what have I done?" Elsa collapsed to her knees and started crying. "I don't know what I'd do without her. I hurt her and then left. What kind of sister am I?"

Jack slowly walked closer to her.

"You have no idea what it is like to sacrifice everything for someone you love."

"No... I don't." Jack whispered.

Elsa sobbed.

After a while, Jack sat next to her, "Is there anything I can get you?" Jack wasn't entirely sure what do for a crying girl. Especially now, it's not as if he had anyone to talk him though it.

"I like warm hugs," Elsa chimed against her tears.

"I don't know what that is." Jack answered thinking it might be some form of chocolate.

That moment Elsa's heart broke for Jack. She threw her arms around him never wanting to let him go. How could she just leave him behind when she went back home? Not only was she his only friend in the world, but he was her's, too. No one else had seen the full strength of her powers. He saw them and stayed. He hadn't abandoned her. How could she abandon him?

"I promise you, Elsa, that I will train you to master your powers so that you will never hurt anyone ever again." Jack wrapped his arms around Elsa. it was the first time he had really touched her. It was nice. Jack liked warm hugs.

fp