The Storyteller Knight

"Elsa it's me J- Cole, It's me Cole," Jack yelled at the door.

"Go away it's not safe!" she sobbed, "I'm not safe."

Jack did an inventory on his powers and everything he could do, he could probably freeze it and break it down, but it was school property and people would ask too many questions.

Jack summoned his magician's glove and tried the doorknob again, but nothing happened.

Ok Cole, you're the magician, not me. How do I make these work? Jack asked as he looked at his gloves.

... um... I don't know, usually the classically prepared magician has a top hat too that they pull things out of. Cole answered.

Okay, well here goes nothing, Jack said he held his hands out and imagined a top hat. One appeared quicker than he expected and he nearly dropped it.

Top hat, check. Now what? Jack asked looking over the silvery glowing hat.

Try to pull something thing out of it, something useful.

Jack reached into the hat; he felt something soft and pulled it out. Once it was free from the hat, he examined the silver plushy coated... bunny rabbit.

Nice trick, but not what we need.

Jack sat the bunny on the ground and continued to try to pull things out of the hat. A dove came next, before Jack knew what to do with it, the dove flew and perched contently on his shoulder. If this thing poops on my shoulder I'm coming for you Cole.

Why? It is technically my shoulder. Cole laughed.

Jack reached in and started pulling out a very long handkerchief rope made of a bunch of them tied together. Nope, what am I looking for again?

I don't know a magic wand maybe?

A straight want appeared in Jacks hand, he didn't quite know what to do with it so he tapped the opening of the top hat with it, confetti exploded in his face and the wand turned into a bouquet of silver white roses.

"Grr, Cole," Jack growled aloud and spat out the stardust confetti. "You have to be more specific!"

Okay, okay, give me a second... so we need a key right?

"A key would be nice, yes."

Okay I got it... where did the rabbit go?

Jack looked around and saw the rabbit walking along the wall, behind the rabbit was an egg.

"Did I just pull the Easter bunny out of my hat?"

We don't have time for witty commentary, get the egg and break it in half.

Jack placed the hat on his head, and picked the egg up and broke it into his hand. A metal key landed in his palm shaped perfectly for the door handle.

"Cole you're a Genius!" Jack took the key and put it into the luck, when it didn't turn Jack used his Winter magic to melt the ice that was around the door handle until it turned, but even then the door only moved a little.

"Elsa!" Jack called as he dispelled the magic of the stardust. He could still hear her crying. Every protective bone and instinct in is body reacted, he slammed his shoulder into the door and it gave way just a little more.

There was something blocking the door, the door cracked against more ice. Jack cursed himself for never learning how to melt Ice like Elsa had done so easily. He through his shoulder into the door and it gave way a little more. His protective reflexes where going nuts, the more he opened the door the more he could hear Elsa cry.

Jack took a deep breath, the ice was growing every time he slammed into the door, and every time he made the door budge Elsa's crying intensified. He needed a new approach.

"Elsa, can you hear me, it's Cole. I'm here to help." Jack braced his face against the door as he spoke.

There was a break in the sobbing, "C-Cole?"

"Yes, yes it's me, what is going on? Are you in danger?"

"I don't know!" she cried and the ice responded to her tears. Jack could feel the feral magic from the ice. It was new and untrained, trying to protect her without a specific purpose other than keeping people away.

"Is there anyone else in there with you?"

"N-no, Cole I don't know what's happening to me, I'm a freak! As soon as someone finds out I'll be-" her own tears cut her off and the ice was wrapping around the door near Jacks face.

"Elsa, listen to me, the ice is responding to your emotions, you need to calm down."

"I don't know how. I'm so cold!"

"Okay, um just close your eyes and listen to my voice, do exactly as I say."

The ice stopped growing a hairs-breath away from Cole's mortal skin causing it to blush with the cold.

"Okay their closed," Elsa said.

"First take a deep breath, ok take another one, hold it in... now let it go. Now imagine a field a flowers, they are daisies, lilies, and all your favorite kinds. Now imagine the sun, its warm rays cuddle your skin. A warm breeze blows over the field singing a song the flowers dance to, they dance for you in waves. The summer breeze tickles your skin and gently plays with your hair every time it blows." Jack relied heavily on Cole's poetic nature mingled with what he knew about the ice powers he had lived with for centuries.

As Jack spoke to Elsa, the ice melted away from the door and it began to give, but what worried him was the crackling of heavier pieces inside the room that he still couldn't see. The door gave way a little more but he had to compensate for the noise of crackling ice in Elsa's imagination.

"Now imagine yourself walking to a nearby stream, the signs of spring are all around as it overwhelms what is left of the winter. There is still frost on the ground the crackles under your feet every time you take a step, but blades of soft grass break through your footprints coating the ground with a healthy green color. You can hear the nearby stream before you can see it and watch as the ice on the banks break away and melt as they flow down the stream."

Finally, Jack was able to was to squeeze inside the room. It was worse than he thought, there where icicles everywhere that connected the ceiling to the floor like large tree trunks they would take forever to melt on their own, but Jack and Cole weaved their story. Jack might not be able to melt them but he could still change their shape so that they were less imposing.

"Keep your eyes closed and imagine that a family of foxes come into sight as the fox cub roll around in the frost and grass peaks out of the shattering layers of frost. One of the foxes hops and lands."

Jack summoned all the power he could and smashed the largest pillar of ice turning it into snow that melted before it landed on the ground.

"Its brother jumps and lands on it and they roll around crashing into frozen flowers, freeing the flowers form the wintery shield and letting them drink in the sunlight that is gracing your skin." Jack smashed the rest of the pillars into snow.

Finally, the story was over and only a thin layer of snow rested on the ground where the great frozen monstrosities had been.

Elsa was sitting on the ground next to her backpack, a defenseless princess, and Jack stood above her the heroic knight with the vanquished enemy at his feet.

Jack still resided in Cole's body but he finally felt like Jack Frost again for the first time in a long time, not just an invader in another person's life, he was a protector but more than that: he was the Master of Winter.

Elsa was still quivering; Jack rushed over and squatted in front of her. She sat Indian style on the ground with jeans and a pale blue blouse. Her hands wrapped around her body and once carefully combed platinum hair cluttered her vision in dishevel. Jack placed his hands on her shoulder and rubbed them up and down in an attempt to warm her.

"Shh, shh, shh, everything is going to be fine." Jack cooed.