7

Chapter 7 – As Adventurers

We went back to the town’s Guild to settle our completed quest. Because Roel and I are in a party, the 2000G reward was divided between us. That Aude, he isn’t content on receiving just the 2000G reward. Even though he was only following us. (TL:あいつ、ボク達の後ろをついてきただけなのに。) Gantetsu and Etolam received 3500G as the reward for the Subjugation. Since the 2 of them were in a party as well, they also split their 3500G reward.

Gantetsu looked towards the faces of all members.

“Gantetsu-san brought down the , I’m glad I saw it. As expected of a person at A rank” Saying that, Keitz compared his own bow to Gantetsu’s Axe. However, Gantetsu didn’t react to the words of praise.

“Yeah, I probably wasn’t any use back there.”

“That isn’t true, Etolam-san.”

“The truth is I was the one that defeated it.”

*shin* The peaceful mood turned into silence. And then everyone looked at me. Gantetsu had been staring at me before I even opened my mouth.

“If I hadn’t fired my , you would’ve been done in. Yet you’re hiding it?”

“Ryu-Ryua-chan . . . . . .”

Roel was nervously pulling me back. Gantetsu didn’t say anything. He didn’t even show an unpleasant face. All he did was stare at me.

“Are you sure you aren’t mistaken?” (TL: 「それじゃ、オレから一つ話がある。それは」)

“Don’t ignore me!”

I yelled at Gantetsu. (TL:ガンテツにツバがかかるほど怒鳴った。) Nevertheless he was still staring at me.

“Why? It was supposed to be my achievement! You coward!”

“Let’s stop it, Ryua-chan…….”

I brushed aside Roel who was trying to pull me hard, then I grabbed Gantetsu. Taken back, the Adventurers quickly started to criticize me.

“You, what the heck are you saying? Stop saying irresponsible things.” Etolam tried to restrain me with his angry, heavy voice.

“Answer me! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!”

My vexation started to rise while Gantetsu continued staring at me. Stopping the silence Gantetsu opened his mouth.

“Sorry, I’ll hear you out later. Can we not speak about this matter right now? If you raise a commotion here, your Adventurer Registry will be deleted and your reward will be reduced to 0”

“You!”

“No…please stop…..Ryua-chan”

When I tried to grab Gantetsu, Roel stopped me with me her feeble strength. Tears started to flow from her face while talking to me.

“Let’s stop……I, because I believe you…..Ryua-chan attacking…..”

Then I looked around the area. Angry, amazed, ridiculing, various glares were pouring onto me. I turned around and stepped back, dejected.

“Aren’t I an idiot?”

I was told that it was a Boss around here. I don’t even have any more energy to talk back. All I did was stay silent, I didn’t even understand what Gantetsu was saying. Gantetsu coughed to clear his throat and continued to talk.

“Anyways, moving on, about the . That guy is a very tenacious monster. That creature will never forget a grudge it received. He must have fought with an adventurer that escaped, and chased him all the way here to town. So, basically what I’m trying to say is that somebody entered the without informing anyone and provoked that guy.”