27

Chapter 27 – Crossing the Kizel Canyon Part 1
“Avangard Tougi Taikai?”

“Yes! You’ll participate, right?”

Avangard Tougi Taikai seems to be an event that is held once every year.
Several days have passed since Siegel woke up and he’s completely recovered, It seems he’s gotten over his depression was well since he’s calling out to every girl he sees in the area…
By chance we were passing through and he saw us.

“It’s the first time I heard about it, how about you Roel?”

“Yeah I have, but if I remember right it’s not a normal festival.”

“Oh? What kind of festival is it?”

“Hmm…how to explain it…”

“A lot of people gather from all over, it’s really fun! And there are a lot of girls! Anyways, the festival has a main event. All the adventurers gathered there can participate in a tournament to decide who is on top. The champion receives 1 million gold! How about that? You drooling for that reward? Want me to escort you there?

“The Imperial capital is a little far, but Ryua-chan wanted to go there. Should we?”

“Well, considering it’s only once a year, if I don’t go now I’ll have to wait a whole year to see it again. Let’s go.”

We had been confirming quest details up until now, but since we’re going to the festival we won’t be able to complete any of them. We quickly returned the documents to their original locations.

“Wait a minute, how do you plan on getting to the Imperial Capital? There’s only way way to get there, through the <Kizel Canyon>. It’s danger level is 10, you know? Ryua won’t have any problems, but lack of preparation is one’s greatest enemy so I will assi-”

“Oh! I overheard you’re going to the Imperial Capital? Perfect timing.”

Cynthia from the item shop came and interrupted Seigel.

“I also have some business at the Capital and I was thinking of making an escort quest. Would it be possible for you two to take it? When we reach the Capital I’ll pay you the reward. Your rank should also raise to B, no?”

“The road to becoming a B rank is rather harsh, you know. It’s one of the obstacles that an adventurer must eventually face. There are a lot of people that have become frustrated while trying to reach that rank. At any rate, it’s a totally different world from being a D rank adventurer. The guild will only recognize you after you’ve done a lot of dangerous quests such as escorting and getting materials from a floor monster, even this upcoming event has merit to them.

“Ryua-chan, how about it?”

“Yeah, the timing couldn’t have been better.”

“Then it’s decided. Rintei-san, please do what you need to do.”

While the procedures were being completed, Siegel wasn’t giving up and kept talking and talking. Nobody responded to him.

[Please escort me to the Imperial Capital!]
[Client: Item Shop’s Cyntha]
[Reward: 1400G]

“S-so messy…”

It was a pretty sketchy looking quest document, it even caught Siegel’s attention.

“It’s fine~. This much will suffice. I would write the details but it would end up being skipped over anyways.”

“No, isn’t something like that…adventurers like it when you write the details.”