51

Ep 51 First time on Boat Part 1

【The Dock】

「Ryua-chan, hurry up, hurry up! We will be left behind by the ship!」

「D-don’t rush me that much, okay?」

I was careless. Even though I haven’t woken up this late even once, I did it for the first time today.

I wonder if the fight with the Demonlord Army and the matter with Ritta overlapped, and I just got tired from it all?

Now that I think about it, ever since I left the Caves of Hell, it feels like my levels of tension have been lacking.

I need to straighten up right now. That’s why I need to get fired up right now and do whatever we need to to make it in time.

I hoisted Roel into my arms and then sprinted with all I had.

I did the same when we were rushing to the tournament reception desk, but this time, the attention I’m receiving is really different, Is it because I became the champion, and so I became famous in a single leap? Most of the crowd is staring at us. I even received something like “hyu hyu”. (9: hyu hyu is kinda used when teasing a flirting couple)

Roel covered her face with her hands — she shrank into herself like a shellfish. I know that it’s rather embarrasing, but it’s better than missing the boat.

「We’re here!」

「Yeah! Now put me down!」

Was it that embarrasing?

At the harbour there were many ships lined up, and just looking at them made me confused as to which boat we had to ride.

It was not just the amount of people riding the boats, but also those who are seeing them off—-the harbour is completely congested. Confirming the number on the ticket, we are now searching for the ship the number indicated.

「If you want to go to Wizard Kingdom, go towards that ship!」

The one who informed us with an energetic voice was Ritta. Is today a day off? More importantly, is it fine for her to be moving? And above all, I wonder how she knew we are going to the Wizard Kingdom?

「I’m sorry, I wanted to say thank you, so I have been searching for you. Then, Gantetsu-san told me about it….」

「You don’t have to do that much……we didn’t do so much that you would have to thank me for it…」

「No, I’m really sorry. Especially, for me, who doesn’t know anything about Ryua-san’s circumstances, to think of you as a frail girl…..I’m sure even Ryua-san has suffered a lot of hardships.」

Honestly, at that time, I was a little irritated, but it was only a little.

That feeling — that lament over my powerlessness — I also have that emotion. Not being able to advance in the Caves of Hell…that didn’t just happen once or twice. I have even had mortal wounds and barely escaped with my life.

And even though I had planned to become stronger, during the Demonlord Army invasion, there were still a lot of people who died. Even now, there are a lot of things I can’t do.

Maybe if I couldn’t protect those people important to me and lost them, I might have become like Ritta.

Rather that just calling it the Spear’s fault, I think that those there also Ritta’s true feelings. Something similar to taking advantage of an enemy’s weakness…that spear might have done something like that.