18

Chapter 18 – Beginner Crusher Grundom 2

“Tei!”

A *Bonk* resounded as the <Cave Rabbit> was defeated.
Roel was able to hit and fatally injure a <Cave Rabbit>.
The first time I saw her do it was at level 2, so its natural she can do it now, but she seems more resolved. It’s obviously different from before.
Compared to that dreadful ghost mansion, I wonder if it’s because the is cute.
I think I get it.

“So, the 2nd floor isn’t that scary anymore!”

We went onwards as Roel said that, as if celebrating something.
She was pretty happy. Behind me, I almost didn’t notice a bat flying towards us.
I slapped it with my palm and watched it vanish, and I regained my attentive composure.
(TL:それ をボク が平手 で 叩い て 消し飛ば し た のを見 て、 ようやく 我 に返っ た。)

“Just like a bug………..Ryua-chan, you really are strong.”

“Using my hand is easier since it’s quite troublesome to keep drawing my sword………….”

Returning to the room where Pablo had wanted us to get the spring water from, there was a small room just beyond it which lead down to the next floor.
And thus, we arrived at the 3rd floor.
If I remember correctly the quest’s goods should be on the 4th floor.
It feels somewhat dusky here.
This time we’re doing some mining for ore. It’s probably because of people going in and out frequently, but there were lights on the walls which was a relief.
I was worried that the monsters here were going to be bothersome to beat.
Compared to the 2nd floor, the passageway here is very spacious so it would be easy to fight with monsters here.
Like on the 2nd floor, there were treasure boxes…but the items inside didn’t change much.

“We just need to follow the light, this seems pretty straightforward.”

“Yeah, but according to Kozow-san there are monsters that can poison us here, right…?”

【Killer Tail x3 appeared! HP:53】
A scorpion-like monster with a height up to about my waist appeared from inside the cave.
They pointed its tail at us, there seems to be a poisonous needle on the tail.
For 3 of these things to suddenly appear.
The lower floors sure are more severe.
And on top of its quick appearance, it has a long reach.
The scorpion didn’t move from its spot, instead it extended its tail to stab me.
I drew my sword and bent down to evade, from there I swung my sword in an arc.
The tail was cleanly cut and fell on the ground.
Without any delay I bisected all of them.

【Ryua attacked! Killer Tail received 382991 damage!】
【Killer Tail was defeated HP 0/53】

Just as I thought, using the sword is better.
The sharpness of the iron sword is good…but the wing sword may have been faster to swing.
It’s too late to worry about that, but when this quest is done Kozow said that I can get a better weapon.
I need to work hard.

“Amazing, amazing! If it was me I couldn’t have dodged it.”

Roel clapped.
The truth is I didn’t need to dodge, but I really didn’t like the needle so I ended up dodging.

“Just as I thought, we won’t be needing the antidotes.”

I thoroughly looked inside Roel’s tool bag.
I thought antidotes would be good for an emergency, but I can probably handle hundreds of thousands of those <Killer Tail> monsters.
(TL:  万が一の備えと思っていたけどこれじゃ万どころか億だ)
After all, the danger level is just 10.

Advancing on, the passageways are so vast that there isn’t really any forked pathways.
We arrived on the 4th floor without any difficulties. When we reached that place I sensed a strange presence.