46

Chapter 46 Union End
◆-Side- Demonlord Castle◆

In a vast land covered in freezing cold weather, ice grains are blown violently eternally towards the distant horizon. Within this hinterland environment which does not have any mercy for ordinary men, there was one monster returning to a towering castle.  A tiny clown pixie spotted the incoming Demon Garuda, and believing that the monster came from far away, she immediately reported it to her master.

“Ma-Maou-sama! Maou-sama! The Demon Garuda came back!”

“Just what are you screaming about? Is Maou-sama here?”

“Gegeh! Panthard! Just when did you came back?!?”

“Just now,” Panthard replied slovenly. He held the visor of his cap, fixed it back in place and started to walk again.

Despite receiving a withdrawal order and having returned to the Demonlord Castle, Panthard still received a shock after learning that the three other Demon Generals had been defeated.(IcedTea: Perspective will randomly shift from 1st person Panthard to 3rd person narrator….)

Even after taking into account the presence of the Master Knight, I thought that we could destroy the Avangard Kingdom.I don’t plan to admit defeat yet, but we ourselves should have had enough strength in store. The magic beasts we use to attack the castle town were entirely defeated by the Big Five; the greatest miscalculation, however, was that girl from Avangard Caves.Under the pretext of eliminating a dangerous element through summoning a monster, it was no more than half-serious, half-play at that time.I didn’t think that she was a beast to that degree.If at that time, I had put more effort into crushing her—

“no, I would’ve just ended the same as those three”

“Panthard, although I’ve felt for a long time that you are disgusting, I shall be adding “talking to yourself” to the list, m‘kay?” (9: Congratulations! Panthard earns the title “talking to oneself”.)

“Shaddup, you floaty thing, you are getting in the way, you know?”

“Pffft, after this incident, you will get a scolding from Maou-sama: that’s why my laughter cannot be contained! Pfffft *giggles*”

He shoved the small mischievous clown that had been flying around him, as if trying to obstruct him, away with his hand.  After that, it didn’t bother him at all.He walked through the long, cooled corridor, and at the end lied a wooden door.As it opened with a peculiar sound, everyone else was already seated in the chamber beyond.No, it was not all of them. Those who taken their seats were the 8 Demon Generals, the Demonlord, and his 2 close aides.

“Really…that guy isn’t here,” is what I thought, but immediately, I realized.

[That guy] is still shuffling around somewhere. (IcedTea: Everyday, he’s shufflen’…) That bastard lacked any cooperativeness, even to the point of resenting everyone. So nothing ever gets done.Only glancing at the vacant seat, Panthard didn’t let his thoughts out of his mouth.The news that the other 3 died in battle had already spread; everyone here had already grasped the situation. In the wide room, a long table was arranged, with candles are lined up here and there. The monster that was making fun of Panthard not long ago was heading to where the Demonlord sat.

“…….Before this, I would like to apologize. I’m sorry.”

Panthard apologized while seated.The atmosphere became silent, but no one condemned Panthard, instead looking at the 2 close aides which was on both side of the Demonlord.Of those two, the armored person was the one who announced the Withdrawal Order.And the other was a middle-aged grey haired man wearing a Tuxedo.Even if the two are separated from the rest, the two of them are the only ones who are allowed to converse with the Demonlord.
If you compare the 12 demon generals and the two of them, the difference will make you a little bit unhappy. (9: It didn’t state what kind of comparison it is….) (IcedTea: I’m guessing the aides have it better, you know, better clothes, status, etc….Panthard is feeling jealous of their hierarchical position after all…..)(9: i think its the sense of trust)
Panthard was feeling jealous to the 2 close aides to the point of self-deprecation.
Even though from the start, we didn’t have any things such as hierarchy–