60

Wizard Kingdom Castle Dungeon ◆

「The specific punishment will be decided later. Until then, please stay here peacefully. And also, because this jail is imbued with a special system using specialized magic barriers, forcing your way out would also be useless」

A soldier that was pressured by Hasuto-san before and another one that was not part of the group rudely pushed our backs into the castle jail. After quickly locking us in with a special prison key, they immediately left.

I wonder if the magic barrier in here is the same as the one Lars mentioned. There was a small window with iron grids attached to a seemingly old-fashioned iron door.

I think it would be more like it’s made of something inorganic is how I would describe the wall surrounding the room and closely resembles iron.

I think a toilet excuse would be the only thing that I would need to ask for at worst or this place would end up becoming filthy. This reminded me of my days inside that cave where there’s barely any light. I was nervous when darkness continued to stay but there were also floors that were properly illuminated.

As for this situation, of me being locked in this place is because of Hasuto-san.

It’s because he requested us to get caught without resisting for now, and we agreed in following it, but I don’t know if this was really a good decision.

I still don’t know as to how I would act depending on the situation, but I wonder what I would do if they decided to punish us with death? I will definitely not let myself get killed though.

The only people inside this room are me and Roel. Roel was currently surveying the room without showing her fear.

「I wonder this result was fine following what Hasuto-sama suggested. What do you think Roel? 」

「Hmmm, I think this is fine because the situation would end up becoming worse if you did resist before」

「Mou! I can’t really understand what that old man is trying to do!」

Testing us with a Fire Rain, now being confined here, and also it was quite frustrating that haven’t found any clues about that one winged demon at all. If I become A Rank, I will be able to go directly to the village, but there is still an exam take before that, and if I couldn’t pass it would probably take a long time for to be able to visit.

I don’t know what fun thinks to talk about so I sat on the bed. It’s a little dirty but it was still much better if compared to the condition I was in in the cave. At that time, I could only sleep on the floor after all.

「……I wonder who is coming? 」

I could feel a presence approaching. Then footsteps resounded through the dark corridor. The sound was getting closer and closer.

「Was it a soldier」

「It is not」

It was Hasuto-sama’s voice that could be heard on the other side of the iron door. That little old man won’t be able to reach the iron grid, but I could tell that he was standing behind the door.

Because of the irritation from the current situation that we are in, I was a bit enraged and instead of asking politely I actually lashed out a bit. Despite showing him my frustrations, he still replied in a calm and relaxed tone like usual.