66

「 Ok, so here’s the problem. Do B-rank adventurers get free designated accommodations? 」

「 Ummm…… Ah, over here. I think so 」

「 Don’t help! I mean, you just wrote down you thought of!

The free stuff starts at A rank! It’s the same with this hotel we’re staying in now, you know?」

It’s been a month and a half since I stayed in the Kingdom of Avangard. Siegel recommended that we stay at this hotel, but it’s free for A-rank people and discounted for us. Well, that’s what the current situation is, it seems.

Even so, they said it was cheaper than the usual accommodation, but I don’t feel like I was deceived. It was certainly much nicer than the inn we had stayed at during the festival, and the rooms were much bigger. There is also a food service that brings food to your room if you need it.

I’m facing the biggest crisis of my life right now: the A rank promotion exam, which apparently includes a written exam. I was told that the passing score is over 90%, and that almost half of the students fail the exam every year.

「 Roel, if this is an adventurer’s exam, why is it hosted by the Kingdom of Avangard?」

「 When you reach A rank, you not only get the backing of the guild, but also the support of this country.

Of course, it seems that they’ll be asking us to do things on a national level that we B-rank adventurers wouldn’t be normally asked to do. 」

There’s something different about being an adventurer, after all, and I wonder if I’m going to be forced to do something that the country’s soldiers would do if they were A-ranked. It’s a question I’ve had for a long time. I’ve been wondering about this for a while now. Tifelia-san seems to be exclusive to this country, and even though she is an adventurer, she doesn’t seem to be adventuring that much.

Originally, I wanted to become an adventurer so that I could go to Ikana Village, but now I think that being an adventurer is not so bad. But now I think being an adventurer is a bit of a pain. And my anxiety about the exam is just increasing it.

「 Roel, I’m getting sleepy already……」

「 It’s been less than ten minutes. 」

「 I don’t want to do this, this is hell. I can’t even read, how am I supposed to pass this test?」

「 So you’re giving up on being an A Rank?」

「 Hey, how are you guys doing?」

The person who knocked on our door was Siegel. We are staying in the same hotel, but the other guy is staying in a very expensive room called Royal something. When Roel let him in, Siegel looked at me and smiled as if to say, “I knew it”.

I wondered if he finds it amusing to see me leaning my head against the round table, looking like it was the end of the world.