65

◆ Avangard City Grand Plaza ◆

It took us about an hour to get here from the Avangard castle gate. We were part of a long line, waiting for our turn. People in front of us and behind us, people, people, people. Adults, children, adventurers, and everyone in between.

A sword that is said to have been used by a hero in the past. It is now on display at the castle. It is said that it is a sword that can only be wielded by a select few, and that ordinary people cannot even wield it. It’s hard to believe, but it seems that there are many such things, weapons that only men can carry and armor that only women can wear.。

Siegel explained to me in detail that the principle behind this is still unknown and remains a problem for some researchers. This is one of the Seven Wonders of Adventurers.

Incidentally, Siegel once tried to wear an armor that only women could wear, but it became so heavy that he almost got crushed. I guess that doesn’t exactly make it unwearable, but I’m more interested in the fact that he stubbornly refused to tell me when I asked him what kind of armor it was. When Roel asked me why I wanted to wear it, I just said I was curious.

「 That person, he’s walking towards here, looking disappointed.」

「 And the guy behind him, too. I don’t know why he’ that shocked. If it were me, I wouldn’t be so sure. 」

All the people who walked in front of us were people who were trying to see if they could equip the weapon. They all walked past the line one after another, sighing and swearing when they were not satisfied.

I think that if the sword was used by a hero, only that hero can handle it. I don’t know where he is, and I don’t know why he has such a thing in the castle in the first place. If he could handle the weapon, he would have 10 million gold. 10 million gold is a tremendous amount of money, especially if we are too cautious about how we spend it, even 150,000 gold would have been more than enough.

「 Sir, please keep your order! Don’t interrupt the line there!」

Ritta, who was the one checking the line, noticed a problem. It hadn’t been that long since we parted, but she looked so strong. When I first saw her, she was unreliable, but now she was a soldier. Well, there was someone who was threatening another person and was interrupted by her. correcting his behavior.

「 Ah! Ryua-san, Roel-san! You’re back already!」

「 Keep private conversations to yourself and do it later!」

「 I, I’m sorry, Tom-san!」

When Ritta noticed us, she waved cheerfully, but was immediately chastised by someone who seemed to be a senior member of the group, and she shrank back. Once again, it looks like a tough job. If Ritta is here, maybe Kirkton is also around. But after checking the surroundings, he’s nowhere to be found.

Anyway, why is the line so long when we’re just trying to see if one can swing a sword. I’ve never been good at waiting like this, but I’m already starting to get impatient.