43

Chapter 43 – Union Part 2
I jumped towards the guy in tights who was on his bird.
As expected, he was shocked. Even so, he leisurely rotated to evade my attack.

“That was…surprising. Just what kind of body do you have? Enjoy your landing, by the way.”

“I have defeated one of your comrades! Next will be youuuuu…”

I’m pretty sure he heard those last words of mine, though my voice must have gotten quite quiet as I fell.
Though, Barts was right, I had to land.
In front of me, I saw Seigel being trampled by what looked like a human mixed with a dragon.
His armor was in tatters and a large amount of fresh blood flowed onto the ground. He might die like this.

“You, what did you just say? Who’s next? I can’t see Vit-chan’s figure anymore, now that you mention it….”

“I defeated him! Remove your feet from that guy right now!”

The one in the sky, Barts, and the half-dragon man had tight expressions on their faces as they looked around.
After confirming the lack of that nasty bug guy, they both attacked in a rage.

“That’s a lie! For Vit-chan do be done in by someone like you!”

“Seriously!? Did you kill Vit? Impossible, he must have been careless, no doubt about it! There’s no other way!”

The half-dragon and Barts encircled me, trying to cut off my escape route.
Too bad for them, I don’t plan on escaping.
I noticed the half-dragon’s face had tears pouring down his scaly face.

“Sorry, Vit-chan…This Churchill kept being careless, so just wait a bit. I’ll crush this impudent brat right now!”

He went from half-covered to fully covered by scales; it seems this is closer to his true nature.
He grew the wings of a dragon, and his body doubled, almost tripled in size.
Taking up almost a third of the colosseum, the soldiers and A-ranked adventurers dodged his talons in a hurry.

“W-what is that!? Where in the world did that dragon come from!?”

A soldier was shouting out, not aware of the circumstances.
Though to survive so far, he’s pretty amazing.
It seems that captain, Kirkton, was a good leader.
The King had already been hidden away, and it seems Kirkton was commanding his unit.

“Oi, Churchill! Don’t rage around in that form! Don’t get me caught up in your attacks!”

“It’s too late; I have decided to destroy her. Besides, with your flexible body you can avoid this pretty easily, right?”

His way of speaking hadn’t changed much, even after turning into this dragon.
Churchill…no, Churchill-dragon’s black scales were glittering, and his tail was large enough to blow away most of the surrounding people in a single swing.
He was much more powerful than Vit, but other than that, I didn’t get much of a feeling from him.

“Ufufufufu, even among the 12 demon generals, I am considered pretty accommodating and benevolent. Making me get serious is an atrocity, so I’ll have this country purged as payment, okay~?”

“Oi, Ryua…use this.”

While on the verge of death, Seigel passed his sword to me.
He needs to be treated quickly or he’ll die…
However, I can’t use my recovery magic for this, I’ll have to find someone else… but for now, I need to get rid of this dragon.
I took the sword from Seigel’s hand.

“It’s a sword with the innate ability to slay dragons. I dealt some grazing wounds on that homosexual bastard, but that’s with the strongest swings I could muster…the results depend on the wielder. If it’s you, it’ll definitely be done…”