63

Wizard Kingdom, Castle King’s Room ◆

 The air was tense. First, the king, the prime minister, and their guards lined up to protect them. We were sandwiched between the soldiers standing in line along the aisle. The king looks as stern as ever, and it was the first time for me to see the Queen. What was also included were the captain of the Fire Magic Team and the captains of the other teams, so it’s quite a large group.

 One of them, Tekker, the captain of the lightning squad, seemed to have witnessed my battle and was the first to thank me after the night was over. He said that he hadn’t slept much since then, recovering what was left of the wreckage from the Golems, which was were pretty not worth it, and figuring out the number of wounded and dead. It seems that there are about 1,400 soldiers left, and more than half of the dead people were from the lightning squad alone. The only adventurers who survived were a few B-rank people, and the rest were wiped out.

 Even so, the majority of the injured were saved thanks to Roel and the remaining healers and priests. I’m not sure if you’ve ever heard of this, but I’m sure you’ve heard of it. It’s not simply that he was surprised, he seemed troubled.

「 Ehem…… First, we would like to thank you for saving our country from a crisis. 」

I was afraid that I would being berated for escaping, or worse, be thrown back into jail, but I was relieved that it didn’t happen. For that matter though, I should also apologize for blowing up the door of that place with all my might and leaving it full of debris, even though it was only a bit of destruction. But I didn’t attack the guards. I ignored the warning and rushed at them, and they threw magic at me, but it was no problem at all, and it was like they missed us, which didn’t work at all, and eventually cleared the way for us.

After that, I carried Roel on my back and went around the gates of the country to kill the Golems. I was worried because Hast-sama said he was going to the east gate first and then disappeared. I didn’t expect it to be like that.

「 But that’s not what this is about. I can’t let the jailbreak thing slide.」

「 You… you still haven’t gotten over that……」

「 Hast-sama, please shut up. Aren’t you supposed to still be in the middle of recuperating? 」

He really is a cheapskate. Even Hast-sama, who had was still recuperating, was given a hard time by him, what kind of king is this? Roel, who was standing next to me, was clearly annoyed, even though Roel had hardly slept at all and was concentrating on the recovery of the injured.

 We didn’t do it because we wanted to do something, but that doesn’t mean we deserve it. We just couldn’t standard wait to see Tolppo and Rash’s hometown and so many people be put in danger.

「 Your Majesty, I, Tekker, have witnessed these people in action.

I hope you something like this aside. 」

「 It was I, the captain of the Fire Team, who used Fire Rain at them as a test. Which also making me the one responsible directly for their illegal entry. 」