56

Ep 56. Wizard Kingdom: Part 1

◆Hariart Continent: Prattz Harbour◆

「Well, it’s all thanks to you that we were able to reach the harbour safely. Thank you very much.」

「Please, don’t worry about it. We couldn’t just abandon our fellow men.」

Following the captain’s words of thanks, Zienia’s formal reply seemed to be just for appearance’s sake in my mind.

Originally, on this occasion, they were supposed to kidnap me, and yet, they failed. But regardless, without these people, we would never have reached the harbour so quickly.

A monster attacked us on the way, but by the time I went from my room to the deck, everything was taken care of. They were probably pierced by that pillar of light.

Appearing at the scene of the battle with my weapon in hand, I saw Zienia standing there waving his hand, telling me not to worry. It felt nice hearing him say ‘don’t worry’.

He says, “Don’t worry,” a lot. Is it his favorite phrase?

「Well then, there is still the return voyage to make, so today, we will be resting at an inn. We’re still in an tense/excited state from the fighting, but when it is time to rest, we must properly rest.

Everyone from the State of Metalika, please be well.」

「Yes, you’re definitely right. I need to stop staying up late as well. It’s just that, when research is progressing, stopping is hard…. oops, I need to stop rambling on, don’t I. Well then, be well.」

When we reached our destination, the passengers descended the ship one by one. Bortom and the other two allowed themselves a full stretch. They gave off the feeling that they could finally get some rest. Then, upon seeing me, Silva stopped what he was doing and walked towards me.

「You’ve helped us out a lot. If you hadn’t been there before that warship showed up, we might have already sank. Sorry for such a pitiful display. We will be more diligent now.」

「Umu, thanks. Once again with this incident, I was able to open my eyes. I don’t know what I should do to make up for it, but right now, I can’t do anything but keep doing what I can.」

「My skills in magic have rusted as well. When I was young, I used to be more diligent…… But, looking at you, somehow, I feel young once more.」

Silva, Bortom, and Zizina each gave their own words of thanks. I wonder if these three will once again guard the ship? It may have been just two boring days on a ship, but even thinking about it tires me out.

It was my first time on a ship, but in my opinion, it was too boring.

If I said that out loud, I might get scolded, but still, if those monsters hadn’t shown up when they did, I might have died of boredom.

「Ah, was it that girl? Thank you, thank you very much for protecting the ship.」

「As expected of the Tournament Champion! I was enchanted!」

Before I noticed it, the passengers besides Bortom and the other 2 had also gathered. Regardless of their thanks, I felt bad for letting them experience that danger.

If I had defeated Doridon faster, they would’ve been able to relax sooner.

If I had to make an excuse, it would be that I’m not used to underwater fights, but looking ahead, I doubt all opponents will attack us in convenient ways.

Just like getting used to the the darkness in the Caves of Hell, I have to get used to that environment.

It was only luck that there were no casualties. While I was being slow, the ship might have capsized. It was a situation where that could have easily happened.