31

Chapter 31 – Crossing the Kizel Canyon! End
“Don’t try to run you guys. We’re almost at the Imperial Capital.”

“Shit…to end up attacking the famous Dragon Hunter of all people…”

Walking together in a group, every member of the bandits could be heard cursing and complaining.
Since we don’t have a way to restrain this many people, Seigel and I are just keeping an eye on them as we walk.
If one of them does something odd then I will immediately subdue them, but watching them is more tiring than I thought.

“If any of you try and escape, we will practice the fainting course together again. Ok?”

*Clap clap* Seigel was clapping.
Even though I defeated them, I’m pretty sure they think Seigel did it.
They didn’t understand what happened since it was all over so quickly, but they assumed Seigel had subdued them all since he was a famous adventurer. I tried to explain it to them but I was ignored.

“Since my name is so famous it’s not surprising that they would come to that kind of conclusion, so please be understanding of that.”

I won’t get mad about something like this since I’m an adult.

“The weak guys are the only ones that don’t know Ryua-chin beat them.”
(TL:これだけのむさい男達をリュアちんがやっつけたなんてねぇ)

“It would’ve been dangerous if the two of you weren’t here…”

Cynthia and Roel had both slept through the uproar last night so they had no idea what had happened.

“Just relax, Ryua. I will make sure to put in a good word for you. With that your value as an adventurer will increase.”

“I’m really not bothered by it.”

I planned to say that calmly but it seems some of my anger towards Seigel leaked out. “Kuku”, Seigel chuckled softly.
Next to Seigel was someone dragging their feet.
(TL:  セイゲルの隣でボクは足をぷらぷらさせた。)

“Your name is Ryua, right? I can’t believe a kid like you has that much strength.”

“It’d be better for you to train and get strong like her.”
(TL:そっちこそもっと鍛えたほうがいいよ)

I was offended that Davitz called me a kid and retorted.

“Davitz, I still don’t understand why you’d become a bandit.”

“Oh, looks like someone has come to meet us.”

A group of people wearing armor approached us.
There were a lot of them, compared to the bandits this number was overwhelming.
They were marching in formation, and upon reaching us they stopped.

“Oya, oya, thanks for the effort! Are you perhaps going to subjugate bandits? It’s admirable for the Kingdom to be moving already.”

“It’s as you say, Dragon Hunter Seigel-dono. I didn’t expect you to have already captured that man…”

“Ah, omitting the details, I know it’s sudden but can you take charge of this guy?”

“Understood.”

I got to see their prowess immediately. They tied up the bandits quickly to the point where they couldn’t move anything but their head and neck, all in less than a few minutes. Each bandit had an iron ring placed on their neck, and once those were connected they were formed into a long line.

“Now, walk quickly!”

The bandits were treated roughly while the soldiers were yelling, keeping them in line as they all walked.