37

Chapter 37 – Avangard Tougi Taikai Part 5
“Well then, it has finally begun. The Avangard Tougi Taikai Finals! This is Kathia, reporting live, and I’ll be in charge of critique while explanations will be done by Shitakka-san!”

“I’m Shitakka, please take care of me.”

“I think the champion this time around will be Tifelia-chan, but who else has a chance?”

“Umu, Hekaton and Rupee are the most likely besides Tifelia. Beyond that, I couldn’t say. That C-rank girl isn’t used to fighting either. Look at her sword, the handle is practically spotless. That is enough proof to show it isn’t used at all.”

“I see! Oh, it looks like the first match is about to start!”

The voices of the reporters resounded within the coliseum. According to Amane-san, it seems they use a machine to make their voices loud. They said something rather rude about me though.
I wonder if Shitakka is famous?

“Don’t take the words of that person seriously.”

Amane comforted me since I was sulking.
Even though she has a tough appearance, she’s quite kind.
It is fine to confide in her so much though? She is my first opponent, after all…
Hekaton and Nikka had already ascended to the match platform.

“Round 1, 1st Match! Hekaton vs. Nikka! It’s finally getting underway. Shitakka-san, in this situation, Hekaton is superior right?”

“That’s actually not the case. Nikka is a new A-rank with potential. You’ll understand why he’s called <Meteor> when the match begins.”

Hekaton was looking at Nikka with no interest in his eyes.
Nikka was doing some stretches and relaxing.
I wonder where Ritta is watching from?
It seems she wasn’t able to stop him in the end, but I wonder how she feels watching this?

“You just recently became A-rank, right? It would’ve been fine if you hadn’t shown up here you know?”

“No, this isn’t the time to be childish.”

“So carefree…”

“Well then, let the match commence!”

With that, it began.
Will Hekaton brandish his hammer to fight? If he misses, he’ll leave a large opening.
Since Nikka is using a spear, I can’t really tell who will win.

“Nuun!”

Hekaton brought down his hammer upon Nikka.
After the thundering sound of impact, the match platform had been utterly destroyed at ground zero.

“Nikka evaded with ease~! Just as I thought, Nikka is much faster!”

Hekaton once again prepared his hammer. I don’t think either is serious yet.
They were just observing each other for a while, but then Nikka did a running long jump. He came crashing down onto Hekaton.

“Meteor <Piercing Star>!”
(TL: if anyone had better name for this please tell us 突星)

“Nikka’s certain kill skill, <Piercing Star>! Its power can even pierce steel! However, it’s no good!”

Hekaton’s hammer intercepted the tip of the spear. He pursued Nikka into the air while defending.

“Torya!”

I thought he was going to hit Nikka, but suddenly Hekaton’s hammer was hit.
As if swimming in the air, Nikka corrected his posture and attacked again with his spear.
Hekaton wasn’t able to defend in time.

“Meteor <Heaven Star Strike>!”
(TL: once again 天星撃)

With a speed surpassing his previous <Piercing Star> skill, Nikka’s spear flew into Hekaton. It crashed into the platform and caused rubble to fly everywhere due to its power. If Hekaton had taken the hit straight on, then he wouldn’t have walked away unscathed.
It was like a meteor.
I see, so this is how Nikka fights.
Hekaton wasn’t able to dodge the <Heaven Star Strike> entirely; half of his body was covered in blood as he managed to stand back up.