29

Chapter 29 – Crossing the Kizel Canyon! Part 3
“Rick! Rick is…!”

“Rex already ran to the lodging for help! Endure until he returns!”

Its upper body had developed in a strange way, and it’s unbalanced lower body somehow supported it. More than just a big monkey, this thing had an appearance closer to a gorilla.
Its hand was stained with blood from mortally wounding the adventurer Rick who was gasping for air.
The blood on the big gorilla’s hand was spilling onto the ground and making a puddle.
Scowling faces from the adventurers were locked onto the gorilla. They felt powerless in front of this beast, unable to fight back.
The gorilla already had one of the adventurers on the ground, crushing him along with the earth.

【The <Raging Boss> attacked!】
【Era received 193 damage!】
【Era has fallen! HP:0/75】

Haruto, one of the adventurers, lost his will when he saw Era get reduced into lumps of meat.
They had been confident about being able to deal with the canyon’s monsters.
Unfortunately they had run into the floor monster. They should have retreated but they made a grave mistake and challenged it. The result was devastating.
Haruto couldn’t comprehend this massacre.

【The <Raging Boss> used <Voltage Rage>!】
【The <Raging Boss>’ attack power increased!】

The beast became excited by the situation and jumped up and down as if dancing in joy.
It threw the corpse of Rick into the canyon.
There was no need to say who the next target of the ape was.
It struck the ground with its fist, making a small quake and toppling Haruto.
The strike seemed to be a way for the <Raging Boss> to mock and scare Haruto. He could only watch as it jumped and fell towards him.

“I’m sorry you guys…this was my fault…”

“Get away from him!”

He heard a yell from an unknown voice, it seemed to come from above the large monkey.
The <Raging Boss> roared as it fell.
Seigel landed in front of Haruto, and without looking back he got into a stance to face the monster.
(TL:  聞きなれない男の掛け声と共に、空中から自分に向かって落ちてくるはずの大猿が何かに弾かれるように飛んでいった。)

【Seigel attacked the <Raging Boss>! 】
【The <Raging Boss> recieved 377 damage! HP:1566/1943】

“Ah, are you…by chance the Dragon Hunter Seigel?”

“I’ll sign something for you later, right now escape to the lodge.”

Haruto felt that he could rely on Seigel due to his powerful aura and retreated to the lodge.

“Now then, you’ve rampaged long enough. Time to deliver your requiem. Here I come!”

The <Raging Boss> lost its temper at Seigel’s provocation and raised its arm.

“I also don’t want to lose to Ryua.”

Evading the monster’s fist, Seigel plunged into its chest.

“Zero-range <Burst Braver>!”

【Seigel used <Burst Braver>!】
【The <Raging Boss> received 1436 damage! HP:130/1943】

The <Raging Boss> received a direct hit from point blank, collapsing to the ground while raising a loud yell.
Its chest hair had been burnt and as it vanished it revealed burnt bones and innards.
The <Raging Boss> was unable to stand due to pain and without hesitation Seigel impaled its head with his large sword.
Taking one last breath, the <Raging Boss> stopped moving. Its death was quick.