47

Ch 47
The Girl That Didn’t Have It Part 1
◆Avangard Kingdom: The Harbour◆

「The liner heading to the Magic Kingdom, is it? With that attack the other day, the ship was damaged–the repairs might take a bit of time.」

Roel was relieved that the liners themselves were still able to move, but we don’t know when we’ll be able to ride on it. So, for now, we can’t do anything about it. But still, it looks like you can reserve some tickets, so we did just that and left the harbour.

「Here you go, make sure you don’t lose it, ok?」

After saying that, for some reason, Roel made sure the tickets were in her hands. I know that if it’s me, you’ll get anxious, but still…………..

However, with this delay, we have too much time on our hands–we don’t know what to do ‘til then. Well….we only have one thing we can do.

◆Avangard Kingdom: Guild◆

The moment we entered the Guild, we were bathed in glances all at once.

“It’s the Tougi Taikai–!” These kinds of words….are they people who saw my matches? Anyway, their gazes hurt. Am I being praised or being trash talked? I am confused enough that it makes me uneasy.  “It’s Ryua-“, “a kid like that-” hearing those kinds of broken phrases really pierces me. Among them men wearing armor proudly walked through the crowd towards us.

「We are “Royal Knights”. Your match during the Tougi Taikai was magnificent.」

「T-thanks.」

The people wearing that heavy armor stood in line–seeing that makes you hold back your breath. The 5 Royal Knights people stood tidily in one line. I’m happy that you praised me, but why so suddenly?

「Also the attack on the other day, that too was a splendid deed. By all means, we would like to welcome you to “Royal Knights”. How about it? 」

「I- don’t really have any interest in those things, so….」

「I see. However, we will always welcome you at any time. If you feel like it, you are free to come here.」

Saying that, he passed over a paper showing me the place where the Royal Knights are located in the town. From here it’s not that far, but now’s not the time to go there. Understanding that I have no interest, the Royal Knights marched out in a line, their armor making clanging sounds as they left.

「It’s somewhat….They are people that make you hold your breath……」

Roel and I basically had the same impression of them. In that brief moment of relief, another group came to us.

「Please! Come to our Forest Archers Union party! 」

「If you are with us, Black Thunder Spirits, it will really save us!」

「If thou want to knoweth how to use thy power, then thee should come with us. However, thou must aim seriously for the top, that is.」 (9: help I don’t know how to TL JP samurai talk to English samurai talk orz) (Ren: just go with old English) (IcedTea: I went with mediaeval knight’s English for the most part.)

There were people who frantically invited me, and for some reason, there were people who acted very self-important, but I simply refused them continuously. Right now, I’m quite used to it, but from the beginning, I am bad with meeting people I don’t know. It’s more stressful than fighting. Several times, I became really tense and couldn’t talk properly. Roel looked distressed from being jostled around so much, so I forcefully slip us out.