10

Xant: Any words in [] for this chapter were said in english in the raws. Thus, [power] was said as [powa].

Chapter 10 – The Night The Mystery Started

“OOh~ with this much I won’t be worried for quite a while!”

I showed Pablo the containers filled to the brim with water. The staff was in a good mood as they carried the containers inside.

“Yeah~, but hey aren’t you such a [powerful] girl? I can’t really think of you being a D rank”

“T-thank you.”

Pablo went around in circles to look at me, he looked at me from top to bottom, from every angle.
Feeling embarrassed, I moved away from him.

“You will be considerably compensated for this you know. By the way, have you girls eaten yet? If you’re fine with it you can eat here. Of course it will be free.”

I was attracted to the offer as my stomach started growling. Roel was quite hesitant, but just as I thought she couldn’t win against hunger either. I ended up ordering the fried chicken for lunch and Roel got gyuudon.
Despite her appearance, Roel was quite the big eater.
Even though she was quite a reserved person, she ate not only the gyuudon but also a sandwich and some pasta.
Pablo was even startled by her appetite.
It seems that the food called gyuudon was from a distant island country.
Pablo boasted about the food in this shop, it has recipes from a wide variety of foreign countries.

“It was delicious, thanks for the food.”

“I’m sorry……..just now I was unbelievably hungry.”

Looking meek and without raising her face, Roel apologized about eating too much.
She actually left one of her dishes so clean there wasn’t even a grain of rice or splash of sauce left.

“It’s fine, it’s fine. Promising adventurers should eat a lot to get some [power]!”

“Oh that’s right, Pablo-san. We fought a cobra in that cave, what floor was that monster from? It was really dangerous.”

“Cobra?”

Looking blankly, Pablo crossed his arm.

“For many years now, many adventurers have taken this quest. But I haven’t heard of any of them saying something like that.”

“Eh, then, it was first time this happened?….I wonder where that monster came from?”

“You girls, did you defeat it?”

“Yeah.”

“Ah, I was careless. If that kind of thing is there then from now on nobody less than C…..no, nobody less than B rank should take this quest. But then the expenses…”

While Pablo was grumbling, Pablo crossed his arm and walked around.

“But to do something like completely defeat it, you guys are amazing, yeah. I like you guys. And because of that.”

Cutting off the casual conversation, Pablo made a serious face.

“You might die you know. This old guy has seen many adventurers come here. Just yesterday I saw adventurers having fun drinking and I haven’t seen them since around here.”

Pablo had a bitter face while talking, but as we were leaving he saw us off with a smile. As we were leaving his bar, I noticed the sun was starting to set.
The reward we were given was 600g. We received it even though it was supposed to be 300g. After arriving at the guild, Roel went inside the iron box to measure her level. She did a little guts pose when she came out.