49

Ep 49–The Girl That Didn’t Have It–Part 3

◆Avangard Kingdom: Training Grounds◆

Today was the day Kirkton had told us about: from morning onwards, there would be real training.

It seems that they have a shift system with their training and their usual jobs, so they’re pretty tough compared to how they look. Obviously, there needs to be a night shift, so Ritta had been complaining about something like that since it’s hard on the skin.

But right now, Rishia was approaching her 3rd consecutive training match.

「Stop the match!」

「I-It’s a lie right? For me to lose to Ritta….」

「Ehehe, I won!」

Ritta was expressing her joy while hopping. And before her was a female soldier who stood there holding her spear and staring vexingly at Ritta as if she couldn’t believe it.

「Ritta, aren’t you in  great shape today!」

「Thanks!」

Those 2 girls, who I believe are friends of Ritta, celebrated her happiness together. It’s not that her opponent is weak……rather, Rishia was stronger than Ange whom Ritta lost to yesterday. And against that opponent, Ritta easily stopped her spear–and in another instant, Ritta’s spear was pointed at her throat.

Kirkton was expressionless, but unlike yesterday, he didn’t shout. Though he requested some criticism of their movements from me like yesterday, but today, he said something else to Ritta.

With that difference in ability, scolding the other one would make it too pitiful. (IcedTea: Really….’cause that’s what he did to Ritta………)

「Fumu, looks like you’re in excellent condition. However, it’s almost as if you are a different person…」

「No way~, it’s gotta be the result of my everyday effort, you know~」

Ritta winked at Kirkton……….Somehow, she really does seem like a different person.

It seems that Kirkton faltered because of that since his yell didn’t come out right.

「That Ritta–are you sure she didn’t cheat just now?」

「Like having the weakness of her opponent?」

「Pfft. That’s a bit too much…..wait, it is possible….」

A group of the soldiers was talking trash about Ritta. Those soldiers haven’t even won a single spar……..Their swings are uselessly wide and all of their movements are messy. Most of all, their war-cry-like yell is too noisy.

Their speed is not nearly good enough–the monsters might even yawn from it. But when I try to point it out, they secretly click their tongues *tch*.  If they’re like that, then I’m going to go home. (9: Ryua is being toxic, kinda cute)

「Ryua-san, did you see it? Is there something I have to look out for?」

「L-let’s see…」

I was surprised when Ritta suddenly appeared right before me. She is happily wagging left and right, waiting for my reaction.

Something to look out for is it? There are a lot of things, but if say that, I hope she won’t be down. I’ll just say something nice while her mood is good today…I don’t want to see her down.