20

Chapter 20 – The Circumstances of the 3 Sisters Part 1

[There are a lot of <Wild Squirrels> wolfing down our Poporu fruits so I want them to be exterminated. There’s a vast amount of them so I’ll need a lot of Adventurers to deal with this.]
[Koiwa Plantation]
(TL:  アライ リス)

The Poporu fruit. An exterior that looked like a peach with an interior giving off a sweet smell. A soft fruit, with a faintly sweet flavor reminiscent of a carbonated drink. This is what the Koiwa Plantation was growing.
The plantation at a glance was spacious; so much so that I couldn’t tell how large this place actually was.
There really isn’t a way for one person to cover this much ground.
Due to this, there are a lot of adventurers other than us working together to exterminate the monster called <Wild Squirrel>.

【Wild Squirrel x4 appeared! HP:24】

【Ryua attacked! Damage Average:50119! Wild Squirrel x4 was defeated! HP:0/24】

The monster itself is not a big deal.
Even the <Cave Rabbit> may be stronger than this, but these might be a bit difficult on adventurers who just started holding a sword.
The problem is in their numbers, just looking around the area there was over 30 of them.
It seems that their breeding ability is high so if you just leave them they will quickly multiply.
At first I was in high spirits and was hunting seriously but the remaining number is just too high, I’m tired of hunting them already.
Now that I think about it, this quest is for C ranks so the difficulty should be a bit higher than what we’re used to.
I wonder why we ended up taking this quest…

“The plantation’s production is suffering so the market price of this fruit is rising really high~!”

That’s right, it was Roel.
Clearly her participation was influenced by her gluttony.
Besides the Poporu fruit we had also been shopping for strawberries and apples since they were her favorites. Her eyes sparkled whenever she saw those fruits.
The allure of fruit charmed me so I decided to participate even though the monster count was troublesome.
Of course, I could instantly take care of all the <Wild Squirrel>s.
If I used magic they would be wiped out. But the plantation would be obliterated as well. That idea was rejected.
Even though the easy way was rejected, I’m still serious about exterminating every one of them even if means running around the entire plantation.
(TL: しかし 、 それ で なく ても ボク が本気で 農園 を 駆け回れ ば そう 時間 はかから ない。)

“Ryua-chan, make sure not to defeat them all! There are beginner adventurers here too you know.”

If she hadn’t said that then I probably wouldn’t have noticed.
For the beginners this is the perfect chance to level up. They won’t just let someone steal their prey before their eyes.
Seems like I’ll have to continue but hunt them slowly.

“Hii~!”

Inexperienced adventurers were carelessly surrounded and raised hysteric shouts.
‘I’m not going to just let that happen!’ I thought as I saved them.
Those squirrels were completely erased without a trace remaining. Brandishing my new sword, the adventurers were dumbfounded for a while but eventually said their thanks.

“Are you by chance Ryua-san? Waaah, she’s smaller than I thought!”

I resumed my hunting pace when a party of 3 girls came to talk to me.
I wonder how they know my name?

“The rumors said that it was a girl that caught Grundom, it was nice to hear. Even though we are both girls, there’s an amazing difference between us. We decided to work harder.”

I see, it seems that the case of Grundom had spread more than I thought.
I wonder… it seems this D rank party of girls was looking at me as if I was a star of hope.
(TL:  Dランクのこの女の子パーティには希望の星に見えたのだろう。)
These girls are still beginners at this.
Saying that, I’m still a C rank so I wonder if its fine to be pleased about receiving praise…it’s not a bad feeling though.