8

Chapter 8 – My First Dungeon Delving

“Certainly this is the requested item that the client is seeking for. As I thought he died.. . . . . . ”

“Yes. . . . . .”

The quest Roel and I took today was enough to make us feel dejected. We were to search for a comrade of an Adventurer that failed escape here in this town but at the end what we found was a corpse that was cruelly eaten and scattered around. It looked like a marriage ring, and hearing the cries from the person’s family made my chest tighten. I understand how they feel, seeing their reaction to this. We can’t give up being adventurers. (TL:仲間の人達は薄々とわかっていたようで、あえてボク達に依頼したようだ。 諦めきれなかったのかもしれない。)

“We received 300G as a reward, Ryua-chan. . . . .”

“Wasn’t it supposed to be 200G?”

Along the way in our quest Roel leveled up by 1 but she wasn’t happy. Once we completed our quest, we checked our levels at the iron box. But like before my level didn’t show itself.

Yesterday, I had tried asking Gantetsu about the one-winged demon when we were parting.

“I have been doing this job for years but I haven’t heard anything about it. Regarding the attack on Ikana Village, the truth is we don’t completely understand what happened. Probably since it sort of happened in the blink of an eye.”

*Scrtchscrtch* While scratching his beard, Gantetsu continued.

“I don’t understand the nature of that one-winged guy. Is there some sort of reason why he has only one wing? I think knowing that would be relatively important.”

I didn’t consider that, it sounds helpful. (TL: そんなのどうだっていいと思いかけたけど、確かにそうだ。) Let’s remember it.

While I was being absent minded and recalling things, Roel was tugging my arm to get my attention.

“Something like this, this quest is perfect for us.”

[I want you to gather some of the gushing water in

Roel read it out loud, I agreed while looking at the paper she was pointing to.

“The

“OK, that means that we won’t be hesitating over taking the quest, right?”

We immediately went to take the quest. It’s fortunate for us that it hasn’t been taken yet. Afterwards we went to the shop where Pablo was to hear the quest details. It was Bar Zenbei, it was the place where Gantetsu treated us yesterday.

“Oh, you guys took that quest right?”

A plump man with a round face welcomed us. It seems to be Pablo.

“Just so you are aware, this quest is known and performed by many adventurers on a regular basis. The water there is nutritional, so it’s most suitable for cooking and making c.o.c.ktails. We sell merchandise that uses it and we need a lot. For example . . . . .”

“Um, setting that aside, how much will be a good amount to bring here?”

The conversation was getting long so Roel stopped it.

“Oops! Sorry, sorry, I want you to use that push cart for transport.”

*Clatter* There was a moderate sized push cart and empty container set beside it.

“Before you two, there was a really strong guy and he was able to carry more. But for you, this is a good amount.”

“I want more.”