21

Chapter 21 – The Circumstances of the 3 Sisters Part 2

We found ourselves at the <Strange Plains> where we had fought the <Poison Salamander>.
We came here after accepting a quest from the Tool Shop to gather materials, I hadn’t realized how large the plains were.
I think someone could get lost in here and never find their way out…
Even though the danger level is 6, the sheer size alone looks like it would be enough to finish you.
There were certain flowers that only bloomed here.
We came here to collect drug ingredients. The Tool Shop seems to hire adventurers for this quest every time the flowers bloom.
I know how many we need to gather, but the amount is rather large.

【Man-Eating Flower appeared! HP:44】

In addition to that, unneeded flowers come by every so often.
Although it eats people, why does it bloom at such a remote place…?
‘It’s going to be burned by Roel’, and as soon as I thought that, the monster caught fire.

【Roel used Fire Rod!】
【Man-Eating Flower received 233 damage!】
【Man-Eating Flower was defeated! HP:0/44】

“Roel, amazing…”

When we stopped by the weapon shop yesterday, we had asked Kozow about the Fire Rod and from what he said it seems the flame effect is only a low grade magic. The monsters shouldn’t be defeated by a low grade magic though, even if it is exploiting a weakness…but Roel was still mercilessly burning the monsters.

“It’s because these monsters are really weak to fire.”

Roel said that, but there isn’t even an ash left where the monster burned.
Because she’s controlling her magic so well, I think she just has naturally high magic power.
As we left the scene of the crime Roel was happily humming a song.
For a girl to sing after burning something so mercilessly…is a unique scene.
Though I can’t speak, pot calling the kettle black.

“Hey, isn’t there a lot of flowers that way? Let’s gather over there.

“We can gather flowers while taking care of the monsters.”

Saying those words, Roel was tightly holding onto her Fire Rod and anxiously waiting for a monster to appear.
I unexpectedly saw her make an aggressive face…I shouldn’t tease her too much.

“Ok, is this much fine? Adding Roel’s amount to mine, we have quite a bit.”

“I can’t carry any more than this. Cynthia-chan from the Tool Shop will surely be pleased with this much.”

“T-that is!”

In the distance I saw 3 adventurers fighting a Tiger-like monster.
It was the 3 sisters.
As the tiger got close, I realized I hadn’t seen it yet. It’s probably a floor monster.
If that the case, it’s not an opponent that those 3 can take on.

【<Plains Runner> appeared! HP:565】
(TL:草原を疾駆する者)

“Tsuuuu!”

【Ai attacked! <Plains Runner> quickly evaded!】

The large tiger evaded Ai’s large axe and didn’t miss the chance presented by her backswing.
The beast attacked Ai with its sharp fangs.

【Mai fired Double shot! <Plains Runner> quickly evaded!】

Ai approached the <Plains Runner> and aimed at it while Mai released arrows towards its face, but the attacks ended up being evaded and made a dry sound as they hit the ground.
The <Plains Runner> changed its target to the one who was releasing the arrows.

“W-what should we do!? How can we win against this!?”

Mai was shouting and lost her composure. The <Plains Runner> ignored her yelling and rushed at her with a speed she couldn’t react to.
Just as it began to bite Mai’s head off it realized something was wrong with its body.
The <Plains Runner> had been cut into two, and it gushed blood as it collapsed onto the ground.