30

Chapter 30 – Crossing the Kizel Canyon! Part 4
“Thank you very much for the delicious food and boarding.”

“Be sure to visit again soon. Today was also an exception, that hot pot was a special service.”

“…I’m sorry.”

Roel had a sheepish and apologetic look on her face. Once she started eating she wouldn’t stop.
She had eaten about half of the hot pot on her own.

“Now since that’s done, let’s start the day with high spirits! If we keep up the pace we had before getting to the lodge, we should be out of the canyon by tomorrow around noon.”

“Isn’t this place the halfway point? There’s at least half of the journey left to go.”

“You’re not wrong, it is considered the halfway point, but it’s really a big slowdown for people going to the Capital. The nice owner is one thing but the hot springs on top of that tend to make you want to stop there for a while, right?”
(TL: 「どちらかというとアバンガルド王都寄りだな。まぁおやっさんはそんなのより、温泉があるかどうかで決めたんだろうけどな」)

“Aaah my plan was exposed.”

Bloom was laughing with his wrinkled face.
No matter how hard I look at this person, just like Kozow, he doesn’t seem to be a former adventurer.

“Well then, lets depart! See you Bloom-sa~n!”

Cynthia was waving her arms in a wide arc and Bloom responded with the same action.
Bloom kept waving his hands from the lodge entrance as we walked away.

“The bird meat hot pot sure was delicious! Let’s visit them again.”

“That’s really the only thing you like in this entire canyon, isn’t it?”

“Hahahah…” Cynthia laughed in a reserved tone.
‘You’re not wrong’ was in my heart, agreeing with her.

The running coach suddenly stopped.
In front of the coach was a group of people in a line, as if stopping us.

“You guys, are you Bandits?”

Seigel talked to them in a familiar tone, and then one approached us.

“I’ll overlook you guys this time, our business is with that worn-out lodge.”

With those words, all of the men behind him brandished their weapons.
A spear, an axe, a bow, there were a variety of weapons. The armor they had on wasn’t that different from what I wore before I met Roel.
Their looks could use a bit…no, a lot of work.

“Such dangerous looking guys aiming at the lodge, huh? I suggest you rethink that idea, if you’re injured it’s not my fault.”

“Bastard! Don’t interfere!”

Showing off his axe, he violently thrust it into the ground.
“Oooh, sca~ry” Seigel grumbled as he pointed his big sword towards him.

“This is my last warning, don’t do it.”

“If you’re going to be a hindrance-”

Artillery had been fired into the sky…no, it was a single arrow.
It crushed the ground as it landed. Ground zero looked like a meteor had hit, impact crater and all.

“W-what just happened…?”

The bandits peered into the crater.
I immediately understood who the owner of the arrow was.
Looking behind me I saw Bloom.

“If this was set to rapid fire it’s able to sweep up a lot of monsters. Didn’t you name it <Vulcan Rain>, Seigel?”

“Who knows…”