69

◆ Inside the Giant Carriage ◆

The carriage had private rooms and a bed. There was a kitchen, food storage, and other necessities, so I could understand why they said it was for expeditions. There also seemed to be a common bathroom, though it was shared.

And even though it was pulled by such a big horse, it hardly shook.

According to Balm, there is a mechanism in the wheels of this carriage, which he explained to me, but I couldn't understand it.

It seems that the technology of Metalica is used for this. I recently learned that most of the useful things we use in our daily lives are made in Metalica.

There are many strange things about that country, such as iron ships that can wipe out demons in the sea in an instant. And when I hear the name Metalica, the annoying faces of Zienia and Pratyu come to my mind and I get bothered. They said to come anytime, but I don't want to be in their care.

「 This promotion exam makes us do all kinds of reckless things every year. I've seen a lot of people lose their lives, and it's not uncommon for people to pass the exam and get an A grade, only to be called up to heaven the next year. This is the year to pass, if not, I'll quit. I can't tell you how many times I've made up my mind to do that... hahaha. 」

Balm often talks to us. Apparently, he lost his wife and child, and he can't help looking out for kids around our age. In fact, just now, he told us about his past A-rank promotion exams and other things, even though we hadn't asked. That's why I felt guilty about stealing his answers.

「 You're so poison resistant that you can drink up that dragon slayer, it's so deadly that it can poison even Poison Salamander. It shouldn't be something you can train yourself to do... 」

Resistance to abnormalities is almost always innate, and it also depends on a person's personality. For example, a child like Roel, who gets flustered easily, tends to be vulnerable to confusion. I've also heard that angry people are prone to berserk.

Some mental abnormalities, such as confusion and berserk, can be managed with a certain amount of training, but almost no one is resistant to poison. It's certainly strange that a human being could be immune to poison that strong, and I understand this point.

But I'm different. I suffered from poison at the beginning, but now I'm okay with it. I got used to the confusion and berserk after being tormented by it many times. At the time, I thought it was normal, but after listening to Balm and watching others, I started to realize that it wasn't really normal.

「 Adapting to abnormal conditions, huh... I won't bore you with the details, although you are an interesting gem as an Alchemist. I don't want to pry, but it's hard to imagine that someone like you could be left alone for any length of time. It's hard to imagine that someone like you will be left alone forever. It's better to be cautious. 」

For a moment, the two from Metalica crossed my mind. I didn't think it was possible, but on the other hand, I could see that it might be. Maybe I shouldn't trust those two after all. But even though Pratyu is a little weird, I don't think she's a bad kid.

「 We'll be arriving at the next exam site soon, right? Before that, let me just brief you on the content. 」

Shinbu started to explain in a high-pitched voice in front of the remaining 300+ people, Fancy Kill, I didn't really understand the street name but after listening to the rumors of everyone in B Rank, I finally understood how awe-inspiring the guy was.

He has assassinated key figures in criminal organizations, assassinated the commander of a squad of several thousand troops without being detected, and nearly wiped out Floor Monsters all over the continent, all without being harmed. It seems that his flashy outfit is an act of provocation to deliberately show us where he is.