Neunundsechzig

Jeongguk groaned as he restlessly looked at his watch, the CEO wondering where Taehyung was so he'd have a reason to put his work away for a little while and focus on something else. Taehyung had called him earlier saying he was on his way, but that was more than 20 minutes ago, right as Jeongguk was about to call him to see where he was but let out a sigh of relief when his office door was opened.

"Oh, it's just you." Jeongguk groaned as Erin walked into the room.

"Well shit, I'm happy to see you too." She huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Where's Ta–"

"Taehyung? I would tell you but I don't think you want me here any longer, so I'll just take my leave."

"Where is he?" The raven asked, not really in the mood for jokes.

"Talking to Yoongi in the hallway." Erin explained, just then Taehyung came into the office. "Hi Tae." she said, smiling at him.

"Hi Erin." He smiled.

"I'll leave you too be, Jeongguk looks like he's about to die if he doesn't get some sort of affection in the next few minutes."

"I do not." Jeongguk huffed.

"Oh really? Then I'll just sit out here and have lunch with Erin instead." Taehyung teased.

"Wait! I lied! Come baby, I need you." The raven whined, pushing his chair back and opening his arms.

"Duty calls." Erin said, wanting to leave before the couple started their little smooch fest.

"How was your day?" Taehyung asked as he seated himself in the CEO's lap and started to take out the food he'd brought; he'd made spicy fried chicken.

"Boring." Jeongguk sighed. "I have a shit load of paperwork to look over."

"Well, it looks like I came at the perfect time." He smiled.

"You sure did." The raven smiled. "Also, I was thinking."

"Oh~ that's dangerous." The younger teased one more, causing him to roll his eyes.

"How do you feel about marriage?" He asked.

"What? Between me and you?" Taehyung said, playing with the strings of the tote back he'd always carried their lunch containers in. "I'd be open to it." He blushed.

"Interesting."

"Why? Is this your way of proposing?" Taehyung asked jokingly.

"It could be." Jeongguk smiled.

"You didn't get on one knee." The younger pouted, getting up from the CEO's lap.

Without a word, Jeongguk got up from his chair and got down on one knee. Because he didn't have a ring to properly propose, took hold of one of the pieces of chicken the blonde had made and used that instead.

"Kim Taehyung, will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes I will you goofball." Taehyung said, hastily wiping the tears out of his eyes before jumping into the older's arms. Jeongguk passionately kissed him, as they stood up he couldn't help but let one of his hands wander.

"Slow down big boy, save it for the honeymoon." The blonde chuckled, taking a bite out of the chicken Jeongguk had in his other hand.

"Just you wait, I've got a few things that I want to try." He smirked, kissing him once again before they sat back down and enjoyed the rest of their lunch together.

Now happily engaged.

....................................

Proposing with a chicken wing

Proposing with a chicken wing... that's different- BUT they're different so it works lmaoo- Dragon Tales