Zweiundachtzig

Tonight, Taehyung walked into work with a big smile on his face and plenty of stories to tell Seonghwa about his family.

"So, how did it go?" Seonghwa asked as he began making a new batch of batter of their famous cheesecake.

"It was so fun, everyone was just so nice," the brunette smiled brightly as he thought back to the day before.

"Wonder where your parents went wrong," the older mumbled.

"We don't talk about them,' Taehyung chuckled, rolling his eyes at the mention of them.

"So what happened? I need a play by play."

"We met my cousin's son Siwoo and I got to see aunts and uncles that I hadn't seen in ages."

"How'd they take the news of you being a.. You know- homosexual?" Seonghwa asked, giving the chef a dramatic look as he dragged out the last word.

"They supported it, apparently a few of my cousins are queer too so I had absolutly nothing to worry about," Taehyung shrugged as he cooked an order that Baekhyun had brought in a few moments earlier.

Seonghwa and Taehyung two continued talking until their shift ended, waiting in the breakroom for Baekhyun to clock out before they all went out to the parking lot to be picked up.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" Baekhyun asked, as they walked.

"I don't know," Taehyung shrugged, "Jeongguk and I have to pack for Australia tomorrow."

"Joongie's picking me up tonight, we're gonna go to dinner," Seonghwa smiled, "there he is now."

"Hi Hongjoong." Both Baekhyun and Taehyung said as the aforementioned male got out of the car to open the door for Seonghwa.

"Hey guys," he greeted with a smile. "Congratulations on your engagement Tae."

"Thank you," The brunette said.

After the couple left, Taehyung and Baekhyun sat in silence for a moment.

"I'm hungry, so you wanna walk to the 7/11 up the road?" The waiter suggested.

"Sure," Taehyung shrugged.

With that they began their walk to 7/11, Taehyung telling Baekhyun about his family as they walked. The two were so into their conversation, neither of them noticed that their phones were ringing nonstop.

After spending lord knows how long in the convenience store the pair walked back, Baekhyun swearing he'd heard a few birds chirp as they neared the parking lot. As they got closer to where they started, neither of the men could help but notice their significant others standing there menacingly.

"Uh, you see them too right?" Baekhyun whispered as he got closer and closer to the men.

"Yeah... you think it's too late to turn back?" The brunette asked, making eye contact with Jeongguk. "They've already spotted us, I think it is."

"Fuck." Beakhyun sighed. "It's okay though, I'm not scared of that big eater man."

"I don't know Baekie, he looks pissed," Taehyung said.

"Look at Jeongguk, he looks like he wants to eat you alive- and not in the good way."

"We're fucked," he sighed.

"Not fucked enough though, I want a reason to call off of work for a few days," Baekhyun whispered with a small smirk.

"You better no-"

"Where the fuck have you two been?" Jeongguk asked, looking at the two with dark and narrow eyes.

"We we-"

"None of your business," Baekhyun interjected.

"What do you mean "None of my business"? We were both worried sick because neither of you were answering your phones," Chanyeol said, taking a few steps closer to his boyfriend.

"You called?" Taehyung asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket. When he looked, he was met by 30 missed calls and over 50 worried messages from Jeongguk.

"We called you, then we called each other," the raven said, scoffing before he continued. "you're lucky we didn't call the fucking police."

"What? You think it's funny?" Chanyeol asked, swearing that he'd heard the waiter chuckle.

"Yeah, I mean we're grown men, not babies Chanyeol," he said.

"Baekhyun," the older said in a warning tone.

"No, don't Baekhyun me."

"Stop talking," he warned. As those two continued bickering, Jeongguk just silently looked at Taehyung with an unreadable expression. Whenever they'd first walked up to them his expression was one of anger and worry but now it was just, unreadable.

"No, I don't think I will."

"Baek-hyun."

"What?" The waiter sassed.

"Not another word."

"Fuck tha-"

"Alright, I've fuckin had it," Chanyeol sighed, throwing the smaller over his shoulder and walking towards the car.

"Ah! What the fuck put me down!" he yelled, trying to wiggle out of his grasp. "Ow!" he exclaimed after the security guard smacked him on the ass with a harsh hand. It looked as if he was about to say something more, but Chanyeol said something to him that neither Jeongguk or Taehyung could hear that had made him shut the hell up.

With the other two gone, without a word Jeongguk turned and started walking towards his car. Taehyung followed behind him closely, like a pilot following his master.

"Gukkie, I'm sorry. I didn't know you called- my phone was on mute for work and I forgot to take it off when I clocked out," he tried to explain, only to be met with more silence. "Baby I-" he started, being stopped in his tracks as he met eyes with Jeongguk before they'd gotten into the car. Understanding the look in his eyes, Taehyung sat there quietly and looked out of the window as they drove home.

................................

Like bills on me blue uh-huh like a bruise uh-huh betta yet uh-huh blues clu- chile anyways

Like bills on me blue uh-huh like a bruise uh-huh betta yet uh-huh blues clu- chile anyways.. Baekhyun knew what he was doing... I can't blame him tho 🤭💀- Dragon Tales