Siebzig

Jeongguk and Taehyung walked through the mall hand in hand, Taehyung was excitedly humming to himself as they went to one of his favorite jewlery stores. He remembered back when he was younger and would go there with his mother, looking at all the pretty rings in the case as she got her large jewelry collection cleaned every once and a while. He always thoughtthey were the prettiest things in the world and hoped that he'd have one someday, who knew that today would be said day. Jeongguk smiled at the way his lover's eyes lit up when they walked into the store, he'd hoped to get Taehyung the perfect ring to showcase to the world just how much he loved and adored him.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you two today?" an employee of the store asked as the couple walked in.

"Hi, we're looking for an engagement ring." Jeongguk said, looking at Taehyung with a smile.

"Oh great! Come right this way, we have a marvelous collection of all tastes and styles."

"Ah, I'm so excited." Taehyung whispered as they walked towards the display case, not wanting to disturb anyone.

"Pick whatever you like, baby." Jeongguk said as they looked at the large spread of rings. "This is for you."

They were all so beautiful that Taehyung was having a hard time choosing which one he loved the most. He asked Jeongguk to help him narrow it down but he was facing the same issue. As they stood there trying to decide on a ring, they were approached by an older woman who seemed to work at the store.

"Are you Kim Soyeon's son by any chance?" She said, looking at him with loving eyes.

"Oh.. well, yes ma'am.. I am." Taehyung said nervously, a little confused as to why she was asking.

"Oh well look how you've grown." She smiled. "You may not remember me but I used to help your mother when it came to jewelry all the time."

"I think I remember you." He said, trying to comb through his memories for any sign of the woman.

"I remember you used to love looking at all the rings we had." The old lady continued. "You used to favor one in particular as well."

"That sounds like me." Taehyung chuckled.

"Yes, I thought it was just so cute that I couldn't stop myself from setting the ring aside in hopes that one day you'd come by and purchase it when you were older."

"There's no way." The blonde said, his breath catching in his throat and tears filling his eyes. Jeongguk just stood there, holding Taehyung's hand as they stood there in a comfortable silence while the woman walked to the back.

"Here it is." She said, coming back with a black velvet covered box in hand. When she opened it, both Taehyung and Jeongguk were lost for words. The ring was beautiful.

"Oh my- it's as beautiful as I remember it being all those years ago." The blonde said as he held the box.

"What size is it?" Jeongguk asked, looking up at the older woman.

"A 7, the perfect size for his finger." She winked.

"How'd you-"

"Dear, I've been looking at hands for decades." She chucked. "From when you were smaller, I was able to tell what yourr size would be."

"Great, I'll get that one." The CEO said, taking out his wallet.

"It'll be-"

"The price doesn't matter, as long as he's happy.' He said, handing the woman his card.

"Oh my gosh, I could just-" Taehyung sniffed as he slipped the elegant ring on his finger. "Can I hug you?" He asked, wiping the stray tears that had found their way onto his cheeks away.

"You sure can." The woman said, embracing Taehyung before giving Jeongguk a hug as well. "You two have a wonderful day."

"You too, thank you so much once again." The CEO said as he and his fiancé made their way out of the store.

"I can't believe that I actually got it." Taehyung said, still marveling at the ring.

"It look beautiful on you baby."

'"That you so much Gukkie." The blonde smiled.

"Anything for you." Jeongguk said, kissing him lovingly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

The two continued shopping at the mall, Taehyung convincing Jeongguk to get them multiple pairs of matching pajamas and other cute little things. Before they left, the two went to the food court to grab something to eat before stopping at the pet store so Taehyung could see if they could find any outfits for Storm and Tannie that matched the ones they'd just bought.
................................

I- these too are wholesome as fuck and deserve a grand wedding- I also just realized that they haven't even been together for a year lmaoo - Dragon Tales