Siebenundachtzig

It was Christmas morning and the couple were up bright and early, so early in fact, that Taehyung was surprised that he was up this damn early. Both wearing a set of the matching pajamas that the family was wearing this year (Thanks to Erin), the two and their pets started the drive to Kwinana Beach. Taehyung staring out the window with wide eyes as he watched the sunrise over the sea, people already out in the sand with their surfboards, friends, pets and family, enjoying it just like he was.

The Jeon's house was way bigger than Taehyung though it would be, the modern house had somehow both stood out and complemented Kwinana Beach's beautiful scenery. As they pulled into the driveway, the couple could feel their excitement growing. Erin snuck them in through the back and helped Tae put their gifts under the tree, while Jeongguk went to the kitchen to take out supplies for breakfast.

The Jeon's always made pancakes, bacon, hash browns and omelets (Jeongguk was always tasked with making those because his mixture of peppers, roasted tomato, mushrooms, ham and cheese were always godly).

"What're you up to?" Tae asked as he watched Jeongguk move around the kitchen.

"I'm gonna show you how to make Jeon family Christmas Day breakfast," he smiled, "we make it every year."

"Oh that sounds so fun," the younger beamed, "when I was younger I used to experiment with different stuff on Christmas morning because my parents were always working- which explains my love for cooking," he reminisced.

"I love you so much," Jeongguk admired, with bright eyes.

"I love you too," Taehyung winked before shooting out of his chair and whisper-yelling, "now let's get cookin'!"

...

"Get off of me old man, I need to get started on breakfast," Mia groaned, trying to wiggle out of her husband's grip.

"No, not just yet, wanna sleep like this a bit longer," he grumbled with closed eyes, yawning as he pulled her closer.

"Jeonsoo, if I stay longer I won't get up at all," she huffed.

"Cmon honey, you know no one's gonna be up for the next two hours," he whispered, running his hand through her hat as he tried to persuade her to sleep.

"Oh shut up," Mia scoffed, "you know I like to get things started early," she said, wiggling again.

"Don't me to shut up, that's just enough time for me you take you right here," Jeonsoo threatened, opening one of his eyes to look at her.

"We can do that later," she smiled, "for now, I need to cook."

"Fine, leave me so I can get my beauty sleep," he huffed, giving in.

"Please," Mia jokingly agreed as she got up, "you need it."

"Ouch."

"I love you."

"Love you too honey," he said, winking at her before going back to bed.

***

"Do you hear someone coming?" Taehyung asked, scanning the vast room with his eyes.

"No."

"You sure? I swear I heard a door close," he said, raising a bro and scanning the room again as he continued helping Jeongguk.

"Nah, you're probably just paranoid," he shrugged, more so focused on whisking the bowl of eggs in his arms.

"What time is it?"

"Dunno," he shrugged again.

"What time does everyone usually wake up?"

"Dunno," he shrugged once more after taking a second to think.