Chapter 49

"izuku? where are you going?" inko asks as she looks at her son who's rushing to put his shoes on. midoriya doesn't answer as he slips on his light blue jacket. he then looks in a mirror and starts fixing his hair.

"izuku? answer me!" inko says as she runs to her son. "to the hospital." midoriya quickly says before putting his hand on the door knob and swinging the door open.

"the hospital? why? don't tell me you-"

"it's not me. i'll be back later." midoriya turns down, not looking back at his mom. inko doesn't get to say anything else before midoriya is out the door.

midoriya ignores the elevator and starts running down the stairs. he makes it to the front of his apartment complex and forces the door open.

he looks out on the street and sees a black car parked, honking the horn. midoriya runs up to the car as the window rolls down, showing mitsuki, bakugo's mom.

"midoriya, hunny! hop in!" mitsuki says with a smile. midoriya half smiles and nods, opening the car door and making himself comfortable in the back seat.

mitsuki takes off and the car goes over a speed bump until they're on the highway. it's silent but tense in the car as midoriya stares out the window, bouncing his leg up and down. "i know she's not awake right now but at least you boys can visit her! that's good, right?" mitsuki says, trying to lift the mood.

midoriya stays quiet as bakugo does as well. he's been quiet ever since his mom woke him up to tell him that you're finally allowing visitors. it's been 3 days since the kamino ward incident and you've shown no signs of waking up. no one has seen you since the night of the rescue.

mitsuki sighs, staying quiet as she continues to drive the two to the hospital. she hears a honk and rolls down bakugo's window to see someone else rolling their window down.

"mrs. yayorozu! how are you doing?" mitsuki asks, making bakugo and midoriya look at the window.

"mrs. bakugo. it's a pleasure to meet you. i assume you're making your way to the hospital?" the black-haired female asks as the two stop at a red light.

"yep. just driving these two boys there. where's yayorozu jr?" mitsuki asks, looking behind mrs. yayorozu.

"momo honey, say hi to your two friends." mrs. yayorozu says. momo leans forward and turns her head to see bakugo and midoriya looking at her.

"bakugo, midoriya. nice to see you." momo says in a tired voice. midoriya nods as bakugo turns back to the front.

"yayorozu, how are you doing?" midoriya asks, looking at momo's red and puffy eyes. said girl just nods. "i'm doing fine." she answers.

midoriya nods, turning back in his seat as well. momo's car drives off and mitsuki follows. small droplets of rain get on the car window and midoriya leans his elbow on the side of the car door, leaning his head on his fist and following drops of water as they make their way to the bottom of the window.

the car slows down, mitsuki turning the wheel to park. she stops the car and all three of them unbuckle their seatbelts. midoriya steps out of the car and bakugo does the same.

mitsuki gets out the car and the three of them walk into the hospital. as soon as they step foot into the waiting room, they're met with a tensed aura.

"hey it's midoriya and bakugo!" kaminari announces, pointing at the two boys. this makes everyone look up and slowly wave at the two.

"everyone... you're all here." midoriya says, looking around to see all of his classmates and their parents. "yeah we all decided to wait and go in as a group." sato says, standing up from his seat.