Chapter 77

"In the innermost room on the third floor. There's a dog outside of the door, be careful. " On the roof of the student dormitory, a man in black clothing reported to his partner after hacking into the surveillance cameras of the building. Though he must say, this mission of theirs is much easier than anticipated. 

Unlike the rest of the student dormitories, this one, in particular, was not built near school grounds nor the rest of the dormitories, even the neighborhood was partially isolated and quiet. It was as if this building was purposely build to be hidden away from people.

Then again, it's still nothing more than a student's dormitory. A complete waste of their professionalism in this field. However, as long as the client wishes, they are to do it for them. Work is work, one can't choose its components.

      "Got it." The taller man responded before pulling on his mask to hide his identity. Afterward, with a huge sack over his shoulders, the man broke into the third floor of the student dormitory without a single sound so that he wouldn't wake the dog. However, they miscalculated one thing. Koromaru is not an ordinary dog. Despite being a dog, Koromaru is a warrior that fights shadows in almost every dark hour. Its experiences within Tartarus trained it to be more alert than other dogs. Therefore, despite the man didn't make any noises, Koromaru still awoke from its slumbers upon sensing an unfamiliar presence. 

Noticing that the dog seems to have noticed his presence, the man quickly tossed a treat for the dog as this method had been proven effective towards most domestic dogs. But, Koromaru is different.

The appearance of the dog treat confirmed the presence of the intruder. So, Koromaru immediately barked towards the direction of the intruder with a fierce growl.

The noise had woken up Ken who just turned in for the night. However, Ken wasn't aware on the severity of the situation yet.

Pushing himself up from the bed, he let out a yawn as he rubbed his eyes, wondering why Koromaru was making so much noise upstairs. As Koromaru's barks got louder, Ken was finally alarmed if something had gone wrong. However, instead of the possibility of an intruder, Ken thought that Kiera's condition may have worsened in her sleep.

Therefore, instead of his weapons, Ken grabbed the box which consist of the emergency serum that Mitsuru mentioned about and rushed upstairs in his pajamas.

      "Koromaru! What's wrong?! Is it Haru-" Before Ken could finish his sentence, his body froze at the sight of an unfamiliar man strapping up Koromaru's mouth.

       "Who are you?! "Ken questioned as he hand reached for the mop which was placed beside the third-floor's lounge area. Because that Junpei enjoys eating at the lounges, the senior added a mop and some clothes near the lounges in case they accidentally spilled their food. Ken couldn't be more grateful for that decision at this moment.

Seeing that he had been discovered, the intruder can only sigh in frustration, but he didn't took the situation too seriously. After all, what can a small boy to?

So, he ignored Ken and proceed to open the door towards Kiera's room. Ken flinched upon seeing that, but now he was sure that the intruder's target was Kiera.

He learned a few about Kiera's past from Mitsuru and Akihiko. So, he's not surprised that someone was coming after Kiera. But, this doesn't mean that he'll let that happen again! According to the seniors, nothing goes well for Kiera after people takes her away. He won't let the Ikutsuki incident happen again!

With that resolve in heart, Ken dashed straight for the intruder and strike him with the mop as if he was striking shadows with his spear. His hits were fast, hard and precise, it's not too hard to tell that despite being young, Ken was trained for combat. In addition to his experiences with shadows, Ken is a fighter that not even a gown man should look down upon.