Chapter 46

"......... Not that I encourage it. But, love really is the medicine for everything. "The doctor gave a soft chuckle as she place down the report in front of us.

"As long nothing triggers that memory of hers, everything should be alright. "She said with a reassuring smile.

"Okay, thanks doctor. "Aki thanked as he got up from the seat. I gave a hazy bow before following him out of the doctor's office.

"I caused you trouble again. "I said to him, being extremely apologetic. He had to skip school just to accompany me to a mental checkup. I was pretty surprise when I learned that I have an appointment with the doctor today since I have really little memory on what happened. Apparently, I totally lost it when the doctors made it official that Shinji's gone. I broke down right in front of everyone in the area, including a psychology doctor. I made everyone worried as I kept on mumbling that I killed Shinji and I don't deserve to live. To be honest, that was a close call since I didn't mention anything about Strega. They just treated it as random mumbling due to emotional distress which I'm grateful for.

"It's okay, Mitsuru is a bit busy or she would've accompany you too. I'm sure you remember, she's the kind of person who takes all the blame whenever something happens. "Aki said as he gently patted my head.

"I see........ How's Ken doing? "I asked as he seems to break down too when it happened.

"He's a strong kid. He turned his emotions to his new strength........ That reminds me, Yuki said if you still want to go to Tartarus, he's always open for it. "

"What? "I was shocked to hear that.

"Maybe it's his way to support us........ You know, get our heads out of it for a moment. "He looked away again, that pained look reappears on his face. I took his hand and squeezed it tight, his hand feels.......warm. I always feel happy when he showed that look of his only to me, it's like I was the only one who knew about this side of him. Yet, it also saddens me, making him harder to let go.

"Are you cold? Your hands are freezing. "He gasped when he felt the temperature of my hands. He took both of them and rubbed them in between his hands, exhaling warm air to warm me up. I stared at him for a very long time, engraving him deep into my memory. Finally, I pulled my hands away from him and embraced him instead. He was startled by my sudden move.

"For years........ I lived in a dark world where misfortune and sadness is all I ever knew......... When I met you that night, it's like the warm light of fire had lid up that dark world of mine. You brought me nothing but hope, happiness, joy, love and things that I can't really describe. You gave me people to call family and friends, a place to call home, a place where I belonged. All I ever wanted, was to stand beside you for the rest of my life. Thank you for giving me that dream. Thank you for giving me a reason to live. Thank you for giving me a home. Thank you for loving me. Thank you........for everything. "I said as bury my face into his chest with a smile on my face. His beautiful heartbeat, his nice scent, his comfortable warmth....... I wanted to remember it all.

"........ Jeez, Kiera. You're making me flustered. "He chuckled with his red cheeks, then he hugged me back. We held onto each other, not willing to let go, not caring about the glances people send us in the hospital. We don't care, I no longer care. I just wanted this moment to last for as long as possible.

"...... You wanna go to my room?" He whispered in my ear after a while. I nods with a smile. This will probably be the last time.......

"......... You're cute when you want to cuddle. "Aki chuckled when I cuddled up with him in his room. I blushed at the compliment.

"All girls like to cuddle. "I mumbled as I snuggled up closer to him. He only chuckled as a respond. I closed my eyes, listening to that soothing voice of his, he brings peace to my mind. I opened my eyes when I felt something fluffy on my face. I blinked when my eyes met with the sparkling red eyes of a rabbit doll.