Chapter 35

I was hospitalized for the whole week before I finally get to return to the dorm. To be honest, I was pretty surprised at Aki's sudden change. Not only he didn't question me about the event, he even stopped the others from doing so. I was planning to answer those questions, I even came up with the most perfect lie for it. Not that I want to lie, I just don't feel comfortable enough to share everything. At any rate, things returned to normal except for one thing........ Shinji is back.

"How on earth did you convince him to come back? "I asked Aki when we're having beef bowls together after school.

"I used Ken....... And maybe Yuki helped in it. "He avoided my gaze when I stared back him. Clear signs of lying. After a little staring contest, he gave up.

"Okay, I used you. After what happened recently........ I think that it's better that someone who knew you better is right by your side. "He said as he absent mindedly stirred his drink. I was deeply hurt when I heard that, we're both hurting ourselves........doing things that we believe is best for the other party even though we're hurting ourselves.

"I.......see. "I looked at my empty bowl, staring at the absent minded girl reflected from the oil stains. Finally, I let out a sign before reaching into my bag and pulled out a paper crane. I noticed that Aki is curious about what I'm doing with his eyes glued on the crane. I place the crane in front of him and retreated both my hands back on my knees.

"You made a paper crane? "He asked as he gently picked up and examined it.

"I gave it a thought........ About what you've said in the hospital room. "I said softly with my eyes on my hands. He flinched when he heard that.

"You're right, I'm hiding something, something that you deserves to know. I realized it now....... I can't hide it forever. "I gave him a bitter smile.

"Kiera, I admit that I'm stupid and simple minded. I lost control that day. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. "He quickly reassures me.

"Even if when you find me dead and don't understand what had happened? "He parted his mouth to say something, but no words came out. He bit onto his lips instead, he knows that it's a possibility now after what happened last week. What he doesn't know, is the fact that it'll definitely happen about two months from now....... Or maybe earlier, judging from the fact that I nearly passed out when I was doing a track run this morning.

I don't have much time left, Aki.

"Open it. "I said to him with a soft smile as I poked the paper crane. Curious, he did as he was told and opened up the crane. A line of words was the first thing he saw on the paper.

Mes cheveux sont bruns au lieu de violet

"Oh, it's in French. Let's see......... My hair is brown instead of purple? "He translated before he looked at me with confused eyes. I gave him another bitter smile and lifted up my hair to reveal the color fading ones inside. The color was fading, I didn't bothered to dye it back this time, it ended up having a whole patch of brown hair in the inner layer. He stared at me with wide eyes.

"You're the first to know........ After I dyed them purple. "I faked some chuckles, staring at my pitiful self, releasing my hair, letting the brown got hiding away in the purple once again.

"........ Why though? It has such a pretty color." He asked, yet another insensitive question. I didn't mind it this time.

"Reason number one, I didn't want anyone to recognise me. But I guess that plan failed since they have no problem identifying who I am that night. "I sighed as I answered. I rested my head on my hand as I supported it with my elbow, gazing upon the charming boy who I loved so much.

"Reason number two........ To act as a new start for me. "I whispered this time, but he's able to listen clearly.

"....... Kiera, why are you telling me these? "He asked with a worried look.

"To be honest, I'm still not comfortable on revealing everything. But....... I have to. So, I designed a game instead. "I smiled as I explained.

"A game? "

"I've written down my secrets no matter big or small into puzzles and riddles. The difficulty depends on how much it affects my........mental health. "I smiled wryly as I said to him.

"I think I'll be able to reveal everything.......if you've already figured out the first part. "I continued. Aki stared at the paper in his hand before squeezing it tightly. Then, he looked into my eyes with a dead serious look.

"Okay. I'll do my best to respond to your resolve. "He said sincerely. I let out a soft chuckle and took out another paper crane.

"Ask me for another one when you finished solving it. Good luck. "I said to him. He nods with a smile on his face and quickly opened it.

128√e980

"Huh, this is interesting. A code? A calculation? "He got right into calculating. I giggled as he has yet to realise it. After a while, we finally decided to return to the dorm where a grumpy Shinji is waiting for us.

"You two bonzos do realise that it's late right? "He questioned us.

"Sorry, my bad. I was so focused on calculating that I lost track of time. "Aki laughed awkwardly.

"Calculations? "He doesn't seem convinced.

"Yep, he spend hours trying to figure out the answer. Oh, that reminds me. Shinji, can I have a word with you? "I said as I skipped towards him.

"Eh? You're not going to wait for me to solve this? "Aki questioned.

"Well, I can't be waiting all week if you ended up taking a week to solve it. Don't worry, you have time. I'll give you an award if you solve this one. "I winked at him. I guess that's all he needs to be motivated. The next thing I know, he's in his room trying to solve the equation again.

"I'm getting sick of both of your flirting. So, what do you want from me? "Shinji questioned.

"Alright, teach me how to cook. "I demanded, his mouth parted with his eyes wide open.

"No. "He got up trying to leave, but I stopped him just in time.

"Why?! Come on, Shinji! "I gave him the puppy eyes.

"That's not going to work on me again young lady. You know why I said that. "

"You just have a stomach ache one time Shinji. "

"No, Mitsuru, Aki and myself had to stay in the hospital for two days because we ate your food last time. Problem is, not even I can tell what went wrong! I was already monitoring you back then, just admit that you have an evil touch on cooking and there's nothing I can do about it. "

"What happen to the you'll master it in no time?! "

"I take that back! I rather to cook for you than having you cook! "

"Okay, don't go back on your word okay? "I said cheerfully before I skipped upstairs cheerfully, leaving him there alone dumbfounded and trying to process what just happened.

"Did you just trick me?! "I was already in my room when he yelled, giggling a bit as I closed the door.

Once the door is locked, I pressed my whole weight on the door as I slowly dropped to my knees. Feeling my strength leaving from my body, it's not a pleasant feeling to have.

Please, just hold on for a little longer.