Chapter 22

I sighed as I collapsed onto the bed with all sorts of documents scattered across the floor. I can't find anything, despite the fact that Jin had already gave me hints. Takaya always have a loose screw, but Jin......... I know him, he wouldn't just do something only because he doesn't like it. There's only one place I can think of to search for what I need, the command room.

With a sigh, I got up and head straight to the forth floor. When I opened the door to the command room, one pair of guilty eyes met with mine. It's like time had stopped.

      "......... Yuki sempai, what on earth are you doing? "I questioned ad I glance at the screen that it's playing Fuuka laughing in her own room.

      "......... Please don't tell anyone. "Yep, he's guilty alright.

      "......... Tell? Nah, only if you let me join you. "I smiled as I locked the door behind me. There's no need for a third person to know about this. If I learn how to operate the system, maybe I can figure out what Ikutsuki is possibility doing to make Jin that paranoid.

      "Promise? "He asked.

      "Yep! "I replied. It wasn't long before a bright smile appeared on his face and we started a little..........movie night. To be honest, it's fun watching those CCTV feeds, Mitsuru called the police into Junpei's already messy room, Fuuka laughing alone in her swimsuit and Aki questioning his ways with girls. When I watched Ikutsuki's video, it's disturbing to see him came up with all those lame jokes. We suffered from those jokes when he's writting a report?! Other than that, there's nothing wrong with him. So, what's wrong with him?

Since Yuki had no intention on going to Tartarus tonight, I stayed back and read through the documents in the command room alone. They basically tell us what we've already know. In other words, they're useless. I sighed as I leaned back onto the sofa, feeling tired.

      "Kiera, what are you doing this late at night? "Mitsuru walked in, suprised to see me here.

      "Just doing some research. "I sighed as I reply.

      "On what? "When she questioned, an idea popped up. She's a walking information source! She's the daughter of the Kirijou group who kinda created the dark hour and she's close to Ikutsuski! Jackpot!

      "......... Mitsuru sempai, have you ever question about the chairman's words? "I asked as she sat down beside me.

      "What do you mean by that? "

     "Just a thought. He has done some research right? How did he proves that hunting all those full moon shadows will end the dark hour? I know killing those shadows will make the number of the lost drop, but it never show clear sighs that the dark hour will disappear. We still experience it for one hour and become tired after fighting too much, there're also lots of shadows in Tartarus. We're down to the final four, isn't it supposed to show clear signs by now? "Mitsuru was quiet as she was thinking.

      "Besides that, why did they appear now after ten years? The video your father showed us, Mr Takeba stated that we can end it by killing the shadows. But, how does it connects? Also, why now out of all times that we learn of such important info? If we knew that in the first place, shouldn't be hunt for them in the beginning? Yet, why do we feel so suprised to learn their existence when they first attacked at the dorm? I can't find anything that answers my questions. "I sighed again as I place my head on my hands.

       "So, why do you suspect the chairman? "She questioned.

      "Just a weird hunch I get. "

      "Now that you've mentioned it, I believe it's something worth investigating. But, I believe in the chairman, I guess I have to ask him for those documents to fully understand the situation here. "Mitsuru said as she picked up one of the papers I left on the table.

       "This gave me another question, how can he moves around in the dark hour without a persona? "I questioned.

      "I can ask you the same, Kiera. "Mitsuru chuckled.

       "Yeah, I guess. "I sighed even more. Suddenly, a pendrive appeared in my view.

      "After we returned from the trip, my father gave me permission to access our database. If you still have questions, I'll allow you to access it with this. "Misturu said as she place the pendrive in my hand.

     "Isn't it illegal?! "I was shocked that she handed me such priceless information.

     "I trust you, Kiera. Just like always. You're the one would risk your life to protect us even though you're well aware that you don't have a persona. I should at least do this much. "Mitsuru chuckles. I'm so touched!

      "Oh man, I love you! "I shouted as I hugged her.

      "Alright, alright, calm down. "She chuckles again. It seems that she have changed, her old self would've been awkward. She seems more carefree now. That's when I suddenly remembered something.

      "......... Mitsuru, can I ask you..........something embarrassing? "I asked as I let her go, my face kinda red.

      "Hmm? "She seems confused.

      "........ What do you do in a summer festival? "I questioned softly.

      "Excuse me, what now? "
************************************

      "Hey, Kiera. "I jumped when I heard him calling for me as I went down the stairs. I turned to see Aki greeting me.

      "Hey........ "I replied nervously.

      "Is something wrong? "He questioned.

      "Nothing, everything is fine!......... Sorry, I have to go! "I quickly ran down the stairs and dashed out of the dorm, leaving him hanging.
************************************

Akihiko remained where he once was, dumbfounded by her action. He even question himself whether that it's just his imagination as she seems to be avoiding him.

      "Woah, I never seen she running away from you before. "Junpei said as he bought a drink from the vending machine.

     "You think so too? "He asked Junpei.

     "Woof! "Koromaru barked as he wagged his tail with his tongue sticking out.

      "......... Why do I get the feeling that Koro-chan know something that we don't......... "Akihiko said as he stared at the dog.

      "You took the words right out of my mouth, sempai. "Junpei said he too stared at Koromaru.
************************************

      "I'm sorry that I'm late! "I panted as I finally reached the mall. All the girls are already there.

      "It's okay, Kiera-chan. "Fuuka smiled.

      "More importantly, I'm surprised that you managed to keep this secret from all if us! "Yukari said as she playfully squeezed my cheeks.

      "I don't see the point of a first date. "Aigis commented.

      "To a girl, it's something that you should cherish, Aigis. "Fuuka explained.

      "To be honest, I'm surprised that Akihiko finally made the move after so long. "Mitsuru chuckled.

      "You guys are making it a very big deal. "I said once I managed to pull off Yukari's fingers on me.

      "Perhaps this is what you meant by dense couple, Yuakari-san? "Aigis asked.

      "Dense couple? "I asked.

      "Yep, that's dense alright. "Yukari giggled as she teased me more.

      "Why don't we hurry on the dress shopping? The summer festival is coming and all of us need yukatas. "Fuuka said as she giggles a bit.

      "Then, there's no time to loose. Let's go. "Mitsuru took the lead as always and we all entered the mall for new yukata for the summer festival.