Chapter 30

It took us a while to get to the top as it's quite difficult to walk with the yukata on. Early Japanese women had my respect!

"You don't have to wear a yukata. It's rather hard to walk in it don't you think?........ It's not like I don't like it or anything, you do look good in it. "Aki chuckled softly.

"To be honest, this is my first time wearing one. Yukari sempai said that it's a must have item for summer festivals. "I said as I checked the girls around me, most of them are wearing a yukata, but not all of them. Sempai lied!

"Miki used to say the same thing whenever it's time for the summer festival. An old woman would always donate children's yukata every year, Miki would always ended up outgrown them or too small for them. You should've seen the look on her face when she finally gets to wear one. "Aki smiled a bit when he recalled his past. I smiled for him as a sign of support.

"You can see the stalls from here now. "I turned my gaze towards the main building of the shrine when he said that. I was in awe of the sight like a kid in Christmas. There're stalls with red lanterns lined up neatly at both sides of the pathway towards the shrine. All stalls decorated beautifully and crowded with people. I've never seen so many rarity of food, decorations, accessories, games and toys gathered in one place before. This is amazing!

"Have anyone ever told you that you look cute when you're excited? "I turned around and met with Aki's shyly face. The way his eyes looked into mine.......are the very same eyes that I dreamt that he'll look at me with. Although faint, I noticed a slight difference between the way he looked at Mitsuru and how he looks at me right now. Those eyes....... It meant more than a thousand words at this very moment.

"....... Has anyone told you that you look so charming when you looked at me that way? "I smiled as I asked him. He was startled at first, the he just chuckled as he scratches his cheek with a grin appeared on his face.

"Woah, it's getting hot here. Say, do you want to get your girlfriend some fresh takoyaki? I'll give you an extra one. "The both of us blushed when we noticed someone was watching us. To stop her from talking and the fact that it's dinner time, Aki bought a set of takoyaki for us to share. I giggled when he burned himself by stuffing the a whole takoyaki into his mouth.

After that, he took me around the shrine, introducing me to new types of food and games. We too watched some performance before praying in the shrine.

"I'll go get you something, can you wait here for a while? "Aki asked when we just about to leave.

"What are you getting? "I asked, curious about what he's going to do.

"A secret. "He said as he placed his finger on his lips and winked. I felt that an arrow just threw into my heart and stabbed it so deep that I started to feel lightheaded.

"OK. "I answer with a shaky melting voice. He chuckled before he went back into the shrine. I started jumped up and down as I tried to hold in the sequel that's threatening to escape from my mouth once he's gone. I'm so excited! What is he bringing me? I can't believe that he's my boyfriend! It took me a while to calm down, passerby eyed at me when they walked pass me but most of the time they ignored me.

"Hey there pretty lady, are you alone? "I turned around when I heard a voice from behind me. Apparently, a guy decided to hit on me because I'm alone.

"Nope, I'm here with my.........my........my........ "I starts to burn up as I struggled to say that word. Ah, what should I do?! Suddenly, a hand grabbed onto my shoulder from behind and I saw another stranger about the guy's age.

"Say, you want to hang out with us? It's dangerous for you to be alone. "The guy who grabbed me said as he winked, at the same time, I noticed that his grip on me tightened. God, seriously?! Right now? Oh well, it's difficult to move in the yukata but I still can do it.