Chapter 41

"I heard that the typhoon will hit during the school festival. "I glanced at the gossiping girls in the class. That's right, the school festival is coming up. But, I don't think that's what I'm actually worrying today.

Aki looks a bit pale when I saw him this morning. I just it's expected since Yuki ran everyone to death yesterday, he even came back unconscious. I'm a bit worried about him.

"Kiera-san. Can I ask you something? "I turned around and saw the class representative, I wonder what she wants.

Afternoon classes are canceled due to the preparation for the school festival. I took a deep breath and stepped into the drama club room with the script in my hand. They stopped whatever they are doing when I stepped in.

"Erm........ My name is Kiera. "I briefly introduced myself. After that, the club president seems to have her eyes lit up as soon as she saw me.

"Oh my gosh! You're perfect! "She said as she grabbed both my hand and stared into my eyes like she saw some kind of savior.

"Erm........ What? "I'm confused.

"Do you think you can memorize everything in the script in three days? I'm sorry to ask you this, but our princess had stepped out of the show at the last minute. Could you please do it in her place? Please! "She begged. That's when I realized that I was cheated by the class representative, she said to help her to return the script to the drama club for her. I gave it a thought, I wasn't assigned to anything in class due to some.......social relationship issue....... The teachers will check on whether we helped out at the festival, so why not?

"........ I'll try. But, is it okay? I'm not from the drama club. "I asked.

"Oh, don't worry about it. We seek those who are suitable for the role even they are not from the club. Our prince is also not from the club. "She explained.

"I see. "I opened up the script and started reading. It's something similar to Romeo and Juliet, the princess is a spy from the enemy country who's supposed to assassinate the prince. But they fell in love and the princess was forced to kill herself. She died in the arms of the prince and he killed himself afterward.

"Sorry, I'm late. "I flinched when I heard a familiar voice. Both of us froze when our eyes met.

"It's alright, Akihiko-kun. Let me introduce, this is our replacement princess. "The president introduced me.

"........ The princess? "He turned towards me shocked.

"Fate I guess. "I chuckled.

"You two know each other? "She asked.

"........ I'm his girlfriend. "I answered with a soft smile. Everyone in the room gasped and stared at us with wide eyes. At first, I was expecting a bunch of questions about our relationship, to my own surprise, they used our relationship instead. They went all out on the hugging and hopefully kissing if we allow it. But, we denied as we don't feel comfortable doing it in front of everyone else.

It's quite a busy day with everyone focused on the things they needed to do. Yet, I noticed something's definitely wrong with Aki. He seems so absent-minded and his movement is a bit sluggish. I wonder if it was just my mind playing with me as he too seems so energetic when he interacts with others.

"Rehearsal scene, betrayal, take one! Action! "The president said enthusiastically.

"......... Is everything a lie? The beautiful smile on your face, the adorable gesture that you made to get my attention, the secrets and feelings we shared....... Everything that meant something to us! Is it.........really just an act? "Aki started, he's completely in the act. For some reasons, the way he said it, the way he looked into my eyes........ It hurts.