Chapter 52

Akihiko sighed as he stepped out from the shower, his muscles visibly relaxed after that warm shower yet he is unable to wash away the awful feeling in his heart. Kiera's face kept on appearing in his head and it doesn't disappear no matter how much he tries. He still can't help but feel worried about the whole idea of leaving her alone. Yet, he must respect her decision, that's the only thing he can do for her now.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. Yuki's voice came afterward.

"Sempai, do you want to go to Tartarus tonight? "He questioned. Akihiko was surprised to notice that Yuki's voice seems to lack of energy. That's when he remembered that none of them had gone to Tartarus ever since Kiera left. Everyone is still shaken up by the whole idea.

"......... I'll go if you want to. "He replied, hoping that his junior didn't notice his depression. As a senior, he can't be weak in front of his juniors when they needed him to be strong. Yuki seems to have accepted the answer, he briefly responded to Akihiko's answer before he left.

Akihiko sighed and gently slapped himself, hoping to get himself together. After that, he started to prepare for tonight's Tartarus operation. Leather gloves, knuckles, evoker........ He carefully went through his items. Finally, he noticed that his jacket is missing. No matter how much he tore down his room, he just couldn't find it. Feeling frustrated, he sat down and started to recall where he could've left it.

He had it when he's in school, he didn't leave it in the nurse's office, the jacket never left his hand even though Jin toyed with him on the directions. So where he could've left it? He never forgets about his jacket, unless it's something so distracting that threw everything off his head. Something that makes him focused so much until he didn't even notice that he'd lost his jacket. That's when Kiera came into his mind. It was later followed with a faint memory that something slipped out from his fingers when their eyes met. His best guess was his jacket.

He reached for his phone and called her. No one picked up, just like what happened the past few days. He had an important presentation tomorrow, he had no choice but to get it back now.

"Akihiko sempai? Where are you going? "Fuuka asked when he walked past the lobby.

"I forget about something so I'm getting it back now. Don't worry, I'll meet you guys in Tartarus if I'm late. "Akihiko briefly explained as he reached for the door. Fuuka nodded as an acknowledgment before she returned her focus on her computer.

After stepping out of the dorm, Akihiko made a small jog to the shrine. He froze when he met with an unexpected guest at the stairs. Both of them started a glaring contest without realizing it.

"What are you doing here at this hour? "Jin was the first one to break the silence.

"I can ask you the same. "Akihiko replied, being on guard, constantly checking on his surroundings in case that Takaya decided to ambush him.

"Takaya doesn't know I'm here. Neither does she. I'm alone or you're too stupid to see that? "Jin questioned with an annoyed tone. Akihiko still has some doubts, so he decided to question him about it.

"Why did you send me to her? "Jin visibly flinched when he heard that. An awkward silence falls before them. After a while, Jin sighed as he came down the stairs until he's at the same level as Akihiko.

"My enemy's enemy is my ally. I'm sure you know what I meant by that. "Jin explained with his arms crossed. Before Akihiko could say anything, Jin continues.

"She needed something that I can't give her, so I made the choice. Don't get the wrong idea, you're still Strega's enemy but I'm willing to put that aside only for her. So? What's your choice? "He questioned. Akihiko blinked for a few times, surprised that something like that actually came out from Jin's mouth. Indeed, his enemy's enemy is his ally.