Chapter 60

"Kiera-san.......... Kiera-san.......... Kiera-san! "Aigis's blue eyes are the only thing I see when I opened my eyes.

       "Aigis?........ What are you doing here? "I couldn't help but to be surprise on how weak I sounded. I sound like I'm taking my last breath in life. She did not answer me, all I heard was some digital scanning sounds coming out from her.

       "Heartbeat faint but steady, severe dehydration and malnutrition, detecting low temperature, a bit too low for human body. Barely conscious and unable to move. Severe bruising and several cracked bones detected. Suspect internal bleeding. Needs immediate medical attention. "She reported as if she was talking to herself. After that, she grabbed the chains that ties me down and ripped them apart like they're nothing.

That's when I realize that I don't have any strength to even support myself. As soon as the chains broke, I fell toward wherever gravity pulls me. I squeezed my eyes shut and braced for impact, only reopening them when I realize that Aigis had caught me.

      "Condition critical. Needs help. "She swiftly rest my head on her cold hard metal shoulder before scooping me up from the chair carrying me bridal style.

      "Aigis, where are you going? "Suddenly, Ikutsuki appeared at the door. My body just tensed up at the sense of danger. Aigis seems to have noticed it. She just turned around faced him without the slightest intend to let me go.

      "Kiera-san needs immediate medical attention. I find this more important than any other tasks in this moment. "She reported.

      "You do know that it's your tuning day right? "Ikutsuki said as he stepped closer. Aigis backed away for every step he takes, making sure that he doesn't get anywhere near me.

     "I find it disturbing to find Kiera-san in the lab, Ikutsuki-san. Mitsuru-san would not be pleased. "Aigis said in a warning tone. Before Ikutsuki could say anything else, Aigis dashed for the door as soon as Ikutsuki slightly moved away from the door. Is she planning this all along?

Suddenly, a sound of a button being pressed was heard. After that, Aigis froze still, dropping me onto the floor as a result. I coughed out some blood as soon as my body hits the cold hard floor. Everywhere hurts.

     "Kiera-san!.......  Can't move......... Why? "I tried to push myself up as soon as I heard Aigis's traumatized voice. She's scared. Despite how much effort I put into it, I only managed to flip myself over so that I'm facing Aigis. Her body was trembling as if she's trying to break free from something. I could tell that's she's panicking.

I glanced at Ikutsuki, he had a wide smile on his face as he toyed with a remote in his hand. I knew this was too easy.

     "What do you want this time? "I questioned him, waiting for my chance.

     "Nothing, just preparing for tonight's grand ceremony! At last! The wait is over! "He started laughing like a psycho. I watched the grip of his hand slightly loosen at the remote.

     "Run without me. "I whispered to Aigis. Even though we're far apart, I'm sure that she heard me. Her eyes widened in both shock and confusion, she didn't know what I'm about to do. Good news is, neither does Ikutsuki.

I fixed my gaze on Ikutsuki and started to focus. I know that my body haven't weakened that much yet.

Both Ikutsuki and Aigis flinched when the remote just flew out of Ikutsuki's hand like something had hit it.

     "Run! "I managed to make out a word before the nausea feeling cut me off. I gripped onto my chest as it felt like it's being ripped open from the inside. After taking two harsh breaths, I finally threw out a small puddle of blood that has been lingering in my body for hours now.