Chapter 59

The night has finally come, SEES was prepared and ready to begin their final battle. As always, Fuuka summoned her persona to find the shadow.

"I've found it. It's located at the Moonlight Bridge. "Fuuka reported as she dismissed her persona.

"And Strega? "Mitsuru asked.

"I don't sense them yet but I doubt that they'll leave us be. "

"Yeah, this their last chance after all. "Junpei commented.

"Will we see Kiera tonight? "Yukari questioned. She's worried that she might have to fight Kiera tonight.

"Don't be stupid, don't you know her enough to know that she wouldn't do that?"Akihiko reassured.

"Well, she is part of Strega. "Ken pointed out.

"To be honest, I surprisingly saw different sides of them in the past month. In fact, I doubt that he'll do anything tonight. "

"He? "Yuki questioned.

"You'll know soon enough. "Akihiko brushed it off with a laugh.

"Well, I'll trust your instincts on this. Let's get this over with and get Kiera home. "Mitsuru smiled.

"Yes! "They said in a unison.
************************************
I stared at the creepy full moon alone in a locked room. I can't move, not like I have the strength to do so anyways. I glanced at my side, eyes fixed on the mechanical maiden that somehow resembles me in a way.

To think that anti shadow weapons like Aigis are created like this. Now that I think of it, I really did saw a blonde haired girl when I was in the lab. Am I going to face the same fate as she did?

"Kiera, can you hear me? "I flinched when I heard Chidori's voice in my head. Did she summoned Medea?

"Yeah. It has been a while, Chidori. "I smiled as I responded her in my head, at least there's someone there to company me for the night.

"What on earth happened? "

"I lowered my guard down and messed up. It's fine, we simply live in the moment.......... My sufferings will end soon enough. "

"But, Kiera! After all that you've been through! You're just going to give up?! What about SEES? What about Jin?! What about Sanada?! What about me?! You're just going to leave us here alone?! "I was pretty surprised by her reactions, she'd changed a lot.

"You've changed, Chidori. "I smiled as I told her.

"What? "

"You seem more alive since we last met in the hospital. I gotta say, I underestimated Junpei sempai. "

"......... Are you saying that I'm attached.........to life? "

"In a way......... Beautiful isn't it? There's so much to life, yet so little we could enjoy. "

"It doesn't have to end this way, Kiera. You don't have to join your brother in death. "

"I know that but......... What choice do I have left? Takaya's right, the breath of life is too faint within me to be selfish. "

"There's nothing selfish on doing things that you love! "

"No, it's selfish. For every happiness I get, the more sufferings I give to those close to me. I don't deserve to have happiness, I know that now. "

"But, Kiera....... "

"Sorry, Chidori. I'm tired.........can you let me sleep? "I closed my eyes as the drowsiness kicks in. The torture of both physically and mentally haven't stopped until just now. I'm tired, both physically and mentally. She went quiet after that. Thanks, Chidori........
************************************