Chapter 24

On the next day after summer school, everyone gathered at the command room except for Kiera and Ken. The mood they had around them are dark.

"Mitsuru. "Akihiko glance towards her, feeling worried and hoping that she has a resolution.

"......... You first, what does the doctor says? "Mitsuru asked.

"Ikutsuki-san switched doctors, he brought a female doctor who seems to be the doctor that Kiera used to see. She said that Kiera is mentally fatigued, most likely caused by her mental breakdown. It's also best not to trigger her on anything for now. She advised that it's best to let her have contact with only those who knew about it for a long time. "Akihiko rested his elbows on his knees and had his hand supported his head as he reported, trying his best to keep it together.

"Akihiko sempai, did something like this happen before? "Junpei questioned.

"To be honest....... It's also my first time seeing her like this. "Mitsuru said as she subconsciously hugged herself, feeling powerless. After that, it was dead silent for a whole minute.

"Yukari-san, how are you feeling? You seem mad when that woman said it. "Aigis broke the silence.

"......... For some reasons, I can somehow relate. My mum practically jumped from one man to another after my father dies. I used to wonder what will happen if I was born when mum is doing what she's doing now........... "Yukari couldn't continue anymore, she squeezed onto her skirt tightly. Yuki comforted her by showing support through placing his hand on her shoulder. Koromaru whined as he was too affected by the mood.

"So, what really happened yesterday? "Yuki questioned as he has yet to hear the whole story just like the rest of the boys.

"We went shopping together yesterday. Mitsuru-san, Yukari-san and Fuuka-san went to the restrooms while Kiera-san and I waited outside. Not long after that, Kiera-san lets me to observe some of the electronic toys in the display window of a shop nearby. Then, I heard a commotion and saw Kiera-san struggling with a woman. So, I went to intercept. "Aigis reported.

"We saw Kiera-chan with the woman when we walked back from the restrooms. After seeing Aigis went to help her, we head straight to the police station in case of something happens. "Fuuka continued.

"Once we meet up with each other, we comforted Kiera with a group hug as she seems so scared while Kurosawa-san deals with the woman. That's when she started rambling about Kiera being a bastard child. "Yukari added on.

"Takeba slapped her and I had Kurosawa-san arrest her. That's when it happened. She wouldn't respond no matter how much she shouted at her and shook her body. I tried to reach her through my persona, but it wasn't enough until Yamagishi combined her powers with mine......... She passed out afterwards. You know what happened next. "Mitsuru finished the story. Koromaru started to cry for some reason.

"He said, I thought Kiera-san is going to die since she doesn't look good when she returned. "Aigis translated.

"To be honest........ I was thinking the same thing........ She's as white as a sheet of paper. Most of all, the fact that she had difficulties in breathing frightened us the most. "Akihiko said as he recalled the memory.

"........ Kiera-chan made me keep a secret when I first joined. It no longer seems right to be hiding it anymore. "Fuuka said hesitantly.

"She what? "Junpei was shocked.

"What does she made you hide Yamagishi? "Mitsuru questioned.

"I'm sure that you've felt it too, Mitsuru-sempai........ Traces of a persona. "Fuuka said.

"Kiera has a persona?!" Akihiko was shocked but Mitsuru was quiet for a while.

"Yes and no, to be precise. "Mitsuru said.

"What do you mean? "Yuki questioned.

"It's stable yet too weak to be summoned out from the body. Just like any normal person. But....... "Mitsuru didn't know how to continue.

"But what sempai? "Yukari is worried.

"The voices came from that persona......... Whispering words, perhaps Kiera's memories. The ones that she didn't want to recall ever again. "Fuuka helped her to continue.

"All of it are disturbing....... Perhaps the main reason why she had a mental breakdown. The woman just happens to triggers it. "Mitsuru added on.

"I didn't know that Kiera was hiding something like this from us. "Akihiko said, his head trying to process what he had just heard.

"She just didn't want any of you to worry.......... That persona is stable at first........ And it's also eating Kiera away. "Everyone flinched when Fuuka said it.

"What do you mean eating away, Fuuka? "Junpei stood up from his seat.

"Are you saying......... It was killing her? "Akihiko is beyond shocked.

"But, it has been okay since the last full moon. I thought she had finally found a way to stop it so I didn't ask anything. "Fuuka lowers down her head, feeling guilty.

"........ Even after I told her not to hide something like that from me again...... "Akihiko mumbled to himself softly.

"Fuuka, are you sure that she'll be okay? "Yukari questioned.

"She will. After all........ I didn't even noticed if Yamagishi didn't say anything. "Mitsuru reassured yet she couldn't help but to feel guilty about it.

"So, what are we going to do with Kiera-san? I believe that we shouldn't leave her coped in her room forever. "Aigis said. Akihiko thought for a while before he stood up as he pulled out his phone.

"Sempai, where are you going? "Yuki asked.

"Perhaps, Shinji may know something about it. "Akihiko just brushed it off and dialed the number as he stepped out of the room.

"Does he mean Aragaki sempai? "Junpei asked.

"He's our best bet now since Kiera is much closer with him. "Mitsuru could only pray for the best.

************************************
"What do you want now, Aki? I've told you, I made up my mind, I'm not going back. "Shinjirou head straight to lecturing Akihiko once he picked up the home. He send glares at the punks that even dared to come close.

"Shinji, it's not about that. "Akihiko said.

"Then what the hell is it? You're the idiot who will try to convince me for every chance you get. "Shinjirou said as he leaned onto the staircase.

"........ Kiera had a severe mental breakdown yesterday. "Shinjirou jumped up from the stairs once he heard his friend.

"What the hell happened?! "

"........ Shinji do you know anything about her mother? "Shinjirou flinched when he heard that.

"Who the hell told you about that?! "He demanded for answers.

"........ A woman claimed that she's her mother's friend when the girls went shopping yesterday......... Then, she started rambling about her mother. "

".......... How is she now? "

"Currently hiding from the world in her room........ The doctors said that it's best that we don't trigger anymore damage........ If you know about it....... Can you talk with her? "

"Alright, I'm coming now. "Shinjirou said without a second thought and hung up. After that, he rushed to the station, hoping to catch the fastest train there.

On the other side, Akihiko just stared at his phone blankly. He couldn't understand why that he find it uncomfortable that Shinjirou knew more than he. He doesn't like that feeling at all.

Downstairs, Ken was watching the news, unaware that the victim of a gas explosion early this morning is related to the whole incident.