Chapter 3

Yuki took me to Tartarus on the next day, exploring higher floors, finding briefcases, hunting shadows and fighting boss. From my point of view, I'm doing a pretty good job as Aki had a proud look on his face when he watches me and none of my sempais had complained. They started to depend on me to have surprise attacks on shadows and ambush shadows to knock them over due to my speed. I'm oblivious the fastest member in the team.

Even so, I'm running the team low on supplies and sp. Whenever the shadows attacks me successfully, my health went down quick, not to mention when they knock me down with spells. I passed out many times when we face element types shadows. I was exhausted, but I didn't want to say it. Yuki was working the all of us to death, the others have yet feel tired, I am in no place to argue.

"Yuki, do you want to head back now? "Mitsuru asked.

"What? Already? We're not even halfway through our usual exploration. "Junpei said.

"I'm well aware of that, but...... Speed usual requires much stamina, do you think you can go on? "Mitsuru asked. I didn't answer, I didn't want to drag everyone down. Suddenly, I noticed Yuki's and Aki's eyes on me. I tried to act as normal as I could.

"...... Let's go back. "Yuki said.

"I think that's enough today with Kiera in the team on her first day in Tartarus. "Aki added on.

"Well, if you said so. "Yukari obeyed and Yuki ordered us to split up to search for an access point. As I explored down the labyrinth, I noticed that Yuki was following.

"Makoto sempai? Why are you following me? I can handle shadows myself. "I gave him a faint smile, I know he's worry about me but I wanted him to trust me on my own just as much as he trust the others.

"I know you can........ But....... I've forgotten to put your stamina into consideration. I'm sorry. "He apologized, he also seem emotionless. Perhaps he's the type of person who doesn't show facial expression much. I can sense that he's feeling apologetic but he looks nothing like that. I smiled a bit as I learned this about him before we ran into misunderstandings.

"It's okay. I'm okay, Makoto sempai. I'm just not used to exploring Tartarua yet, I used to run along in the streets to hunt shadows. It doesn't usually last this long. I've underestimated the time period we spend in here. I will conserve my stamina next time we come here. "I said to him enthusiastically. He smiled a bit.

"Understood. We'll be counting on you. "He said. I smiled even more, he had accepted me as his team! Things are going more smoothly than I originally expected.

"I've found the access point. "Yukari informed. After that, we gathered up and returned to the entrance. Mitsuru praised us for the good work and we returned back to the dorm and ended the dark hour.

My body didn't recover as much as I anticipated, I'm sore all over the place and barely opening my eyes. It took much determination, but I managed to survive school. I can't wait to return back to the dorm and get some rest.

"Have you heard? About the girl in 2-E. "I overheard some girls who are standing by the main hallway.

"I have, they say that they found her laying at the school entrance. "

"What could've happened to her? "

"I heard that she went into school in the middle of the night. "

"Do you think she was attacked by a ghost? "I sighed at the rumors. I don't believe in ghosts, but the fact that the girl return to school grounds in midnight disturbs me. The school turns into Tartarus at midnight. I hope that I'm just imagining things. Suddenly, I received a text message from Aki. He wanted me to help him to buy a beef bowl for dinner as he was busy with club activities. I agreed and gave him the answer.