Chapter 78

"Haruna! "Akihiko head straight to the hospital as soon as he heard the news. Once Kiera came into sight from the moment he opens the door, Akihiko visibly relaxed a bit upon the confirmation that she's okay.

      "…A…ki?" Hugging onto her plush toy, Kiera sat on the bed as she stared at Akihiko. Once she was certain of his presence, a smile slowly formed itself on her face as he approached her.

     "How is she?"Holding onto her hand, Akihiko asked the doctor tending her with a concerned tone.

    "Don't worry, nothing serious as of now. She simply exerted herself a bit when she pounce at a grown man in such a weak state. Just let her rest for a few days." The doctor explained and Akihiko proceeded to sigh in relief.

   "Hee...hee... Welcome... Back."Being slow paced as usual, Kiera smiled as she welcomed the senior who had returned from his trip. Akihiko paused for a moment before a gentle smile appeared on his face as he pats her head.

  "Yeah, I'm back. Have you been a good girl while I was gone?"

   "...Yeah..."

   "Really? That's my girl. "Akihiko praised as he continued to shower Kiera with affections. After a short while, the door opens and Mitsuru requested for his attention.

    "Akihiko, a word please?"Mitsuru's tone was rather serious, Akihiko immediately sensed that something is wrong.

    "A...ki?" Sensing his mood change, Kiera titled her head and stared at Akihiko with a concerned look on her face.

    "Ah, sorry. Can you be a good girl and stay by yourself while I talk with Mitsuru? I'll just be outside, don't worry." Akihiko reaasssured. Hearing the name, Kiera turned towards the door, stared at Mitsuru for a while before waving at her with a smile on her face.

    "Mit...su..."Kiera greeted with a rather lively tone. Mitsuru visibly flinched the moment she heard her own name, but eventually she smiled and greeted back.

     "Nice to see you again, Haruna."

     "Okay, let's talk outside. We'll be back."Akihiko promised before heading outside with Mitsuru, leaving Kiera in the company of the doctor tending her.

    "...... What happened while we're gone?" The moment the door closed, Akihiko switched to a more serious tone, so did Mitsuru.

    "I'll be straightforward, I believe someone had taken advantage for her dying state. Someone had arranged her for liver transplant tests."

   "......What did you just said?"Akihiko questioned as he held his fists, barely holding down her anger towards the whole situation.

    "Whoever did all of this is still currently under investigation. I believe the results should be out by tomorrow. But, I do have a prime suspect."

    "Who?"

    "Her biological father."

   "That man!"Akihiko cursed.

   "You don't seem surprised." Mitsuru crossed her arms ass she continued on her discussion with Akihiko.

   ".... That man has always been bad news for her. Well, at least according to the her diaries. Shinji never liked that man as well, he used to bad mouth about him when we were young. I am not sure why he decided to target Haruna after so many years, but there's one thing for certain. That man never consider Haruna as his child."Akihiko shared what he knew.

    "I believe words that Harana's condition had leaked out through my attempts to seek for a cure. I never imagined that a human being can be capable of such cruetly...... But, I guess he's not the first one we met."Mitsuru sighed as she massaged her temple.